Dessert is the last course of a meal that brings the meal to an end. Dessert is usually a sweet confection, cakes, cookies, fudge are all popular but it can also consist of a cheese and fruit plate as well. The word of course, comes from the French and means to “clear the table”, as dessert came at the end of the meal when the table had been cleared of the dishes and main courses. Now dessert is one of the most popular parts of a dinner party and with the widespread use of sugar worldwide, the fruits and honey that were considered dessert from days gone by have been replaced by amazing confections.
- 3 boxes of Nabisco Famous Chocolate Wafers
- 4 cups of whipping cream
- 3 tbsp sugar or to taste I don't like mine too sweet
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Combine the whipping cream, sugar and vanilla in a large bowl. Beat until light and fluffy.
- On a large serving platter, swirl a couple of tablespoons of whipped cream onto the plate. This will hold the bottom cookies in place.
- Place 8 wafers in a circle on the plate, leaving room to place 4 on top to make a solid layer. ( see the how-to video!)
- Top with whipped cream.
- Repeat for another 10-11 layers.
- Finish with whipped cream on top, then sprinkle with leftover broken cookies. There are always broken cookies.
- Wrap lightly with plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight until the next evening.
- Remove and slice carefully to serve!