This Easter Dessert ( my Grandma’s Old Fashioned Pineapple Slice) has been a part of our Easter for as long as I can remember now. The graham cracker base topped with a fluffy pineapple filling is light, decadent and completely perfect for spring!
How to Make The BEST Easter Dessert!
This is another one of my grandma’s recipes, and one of my favorites. Oh, fine, they are all my favorites. It’s a given. This Pineapple slice is a light, airy, just sweet enough dessert that now has taken top place in my husbands heart over the old one, cherry cha-cha, another family classic.
She used to put 2 raw eggs in the middle layer, not something I recommend for a family-with-young-kids recipe, but I am sure, nay, positive I ate this as a child and well, obviously never croaked, but never got sick either. I wasn’t willing to risk it on my kids, because it depended on my own talent at keeping the mixture cool and refrigerated, as well as trusting that the eggs were properly handled before they reached the supermarket. You can buy pasteurized eggs, and perhaps those would be best in this.
Either way, if you’re looking for a great dessert for Easter or just for one of the best pineapple slice recipes you can find, you’ve got it!
This Easter dessert recipe is perfect for Easter, it can be prepared and then is actually best when it’s forgotten! Don’t forget to check out my Ten Amazing Breakfasts to Make Easter Morning as well!
More Easter Dessert Recipes You’ll Love
Some other great recipes you might want to check out:
- Strawberry Pretzel Dessert Salad,
- Banana Pudding Cake with Cream Cheese Glaze
- Ambrosia Salad Squares
- Pineapple Cream Cheese Pie
PIN THIS RECIPE to your DESSERTS Board and Remember to FOLLOW ME ON PINTEREST!
Thanks to ads on this website, readers of The Kitchen Magpie are now sponsoring 2 families a month through the Edmonton Food Bank. Learn how you can help here.
Easter Dessert : Pineapple Slice
Our family's favourite choice for Easter dessert, an easy and delicious Pineapple slice! The graham cracker crust and a fluffy pineapple filling is perfection!
- Prep Time
- 5 hours 25 minutes
- Cook Time
- 10 minutes
- Karlynn Johnston
- 2 1/2 cups graham crumbs better if you make them yourself
- 1/2 cup of margarine
- 2 cups of icing sugar
- 1/2 cup of margarine
- 1/2 cup of cream cheese or 2 eggs
- 1 cup of whipped cream
- 1 large can crushed pineapple drained thoroughly 20 ounces
- Melt the margarine and combine the first ingredients for the crust. I crushed the wafers myself and it made such a lovely, chunky, solid crust! Press 2/3 of the mixture firmly into an 8x8 (or a 9x9) pan and bake at 300 for 8-10 minutes.
- When the crust is cooling, whip up the cream cheese (or eggs) icing sugar and margarine.
- When the crust is completely cooled, spread the mixture on top.
- Time for the topping! Whip up the cream until, well, it's whipped cream. Fold in the very well drained pineapple.
- Put the topping on, then sprinkle the rest of the graham crumb mixture on top. Refrigerate overnight for best results, or at least 4 hours if it's for the same day.
All calories and info are based on a third party calculator and are only an estimate. Actual nutritional info will vary with brands used, your measuring methods, portion sizes and more.