Pineapple pie isn’t something that you might see every day, but that doesn’t mean it isn’t super delicious. This recipe uses a great cream cheese mixture to help amplify the flavor and texture of crushed pineapple, leaving you with a tangy, sweet pie with a really satisfying mouthfeel.
Cream Cheese Pineapple Pie
The key with this pineapple cream cheese pie is texture, and it requires a careful blending of all the ingredients together to create just the right combination. This is similar to my pumpkin cheesecake pie, where you create two layers in one pie.
Most people probably can’t imagine pineapple and cream cheese going together very well, but in this recipe, they somehow just… work. As long as you make sure to blend everything together properly, this pie practically melts in your mouth if done right.
Pineapple Cream Cheese Pie Ingredients
Don’t forget to check the recipe card at the bottom for all the ingredients needed.
- Crushed Pineapple, not drained
Cream Cheese Mixture
- Cream cheese
- Vanilla extract
- Pie crust
- Chopped pecans
How to Make Pineapple Cream Cheese Pie
- Blend together the sugar, cornstarch, and pineapple together over medium heat in a saucepan until thickened, and then set aside to cool
- Blend the cream cheese with the sugar and salt until mixed.
- Add in the eggs one at a time, then stir in the milk and vanilla once fully incorporated
- Put the pie crust into the pie pan, then spread the cooled, crushed pineapple all over the bottom of the crust
- Pour in the cream cheese mixture and sprinkle with the chopped nuts
- Bake at 400 Fahrenheit for 10 minutes, and then bake at 325 Fahrenheit for 50 minutes until done
How to Mix, Then Layer the Pie
This recipe has two really important mixing steps; blending together the pineapple and then blending the cream cheese.
With the pineapple, the key is to both properly crush the fruit and to mix the cornstarch into the crushed pineapple properly.
If you don’t stir the cornstarch in properly, not only with the pineapple not thicken properly, but you will also end up with gross balls of flaky cornstarch. To avoid this, mix it thoroughly with a whisk while heating it on the saucepan.
When blending the cream cheese, you can either use a silicone spatula or just use an electric beater. The beater is obviously easier and faster, but a silicone spatula can work just fine as well, as long as you use it right. Get all of the lumps out!
When you are placing the cream cheese layer onto the pineapple, make sure to do it gently and you will have two beautful layers that you can see in the photos!
How to Top Your Pineapple Cream Cheese Pie
The best thing to do to make a simple and delicious addition is to top it with the chopped pecans in this recipe. They will bake into the mixture and toast up beautifully, giving everything a nutty brown, tasty flavor and aroma.
For something a bit more intricate, you could always pipe on some whipped cream into elaborate shapes once the pie has completely cooled. Keep in mind, though, that unless you stabilize your whipped cream with some gelatin and keep it in the fridge, the cream will probably completely deflate after only a few hours.
Looking for more tasty pie recipes? Try these out:
- Old Fashioned Banana Cream Pie Recipe
- Flapper Pie- The Lost Prairie Pie
- Retro Coconut Impossible Pie
Enjoy! Maybe give this one a whirl for Easter!
Pin this to your PIE Recipes Boards and Remember to FOLLOW ME ON PINTEREST!
Thanks to ads on this website, readers of The Kitchen Magpie are now sponsoring 2 families a month through the Edmonton Food Bank. Learn how you can help here.
Subscribe to The Kitchen Magpie on YouTube
One click and you'll get notified of new videos added to our YouTube account!
Pineapple Cream Cheese Pie
- Prep Time
- 20 minutes
- Cook Time
- 50 minutes
- Total Time
- 1 hour 10 minutes
- Karlynn Johnston
For pineapple mixture:
- 1/3 cup white sugar
- 1 tablespoon of cornstarch
- 8 ounces crushed pineapple NOT drained!
For cream cheese mixture:
- one 8 ounce package cream cheese softened
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 unbaked pie crust – 9 inch pie plate
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup chopped pecans depends on how much you like nuts!
- Combine the pineapple filling ingredients together in a medium sized sauce pan. Whisk together well, making sure that the cornstarch is fully incorporated. Cook on medium heat until thickened up. and clear. Remove from the heat and set aside.
- Blend the softened cream cheese with sugar, salt and then add the eggs one at a time blending each in to the mixture. Mix in the milk and vanilla.
- Place the pie crust in the pie pan then spread cooled pineapple over the bottom of the pie crust. Gently pour in the cream cheese mixture, making sure not to disturb the pneapple layer below it, and then sprinkle the top with the chopped nuts.
- Bake in oven at 400 degrees for 10 minutes then reduce the oven temp to 325 degrees and bake for another 40-50 minutes, or until the middle of the pie is set and cooked.
- Remove and cool completely before serving.
All calories and info are based on a third party calculator and are only an estimate. Actual nutritional info will vary with brands used, your measuring methods, portion sizes and more.