Nothing beats a fantastic homemade stuffing for your holiday turkey and it’s easier than you think! My mom has always had the BEST recipe for homemade Stove Top copycat stuffing and it’s all we ever make. The best part is that you can made this turkey stuffing the night before, place it in a pan, cover, refrigerate and then simply heat up the next day, making it a great time saving recipe.
- 10-11 cups of cubed white bread dried out in the oven completely
- 1/2 cup salted butter
- 1 cup finely diced white onion
- 1 cup finely diced carrot
- 1 cup finely diced celery
- 1 cup finely diced mushroom
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- 1 1/2 tbsp poultry seasoning
- 1 1/2 cups strong chicken broth
Melt the butter in a large skillet. Add the onion, carrots, celery and mushrooms. Sautee until soft. Add in the garlic and fry for another 2-3 minutes.
Sprinkle in the seasoning and mix throughout. Pour in the chicken broth and stir until combined.
Add in the bread cubes and toss with a wooden spoon etc. to coat the cubes as much as you can with the mixture, trying not to squish the cubes.
Place a lid on top and let sit for 10 minutes.
Remove and serve.