Do you remember the Great Fridge Purge of Christmas ’14 that I have talked about before? The merciless using up of everything in my fridge and pantry before we left Edmonton and came here to Phoenix? I was a complete hard nose about it, we bought nothing excepting fresh fruit and vegetables for more than a month and used up everything out of my pantry, freezer and fridge.
Well, these cookies came about because I needed to use up chocolate chips from my pantry and cream cheese from my fridge. Yes, chocolate has an expiry date and I had several bags of chocolate baking chips that I had to use up before we left. Apparently I need to be checking the dates when I purchase chocolate chips because there should have been no way that I had bags bordering on expiring, not with how often I bake!
And so these cookies were born. I was surprised, in all honesty, how seriously darn good they are. They are richer, tangier and most certainly moister with cream cheese baked into them.
I also cranked up the amount of vanilla and trust me, you want to use a tablespoon. It adds to the whole cheesecake taste that we are going for.
It’s a good thing I don’t make resolutions, because these cookies are a diet-breaker. There’s no way that you can eat just one of these!
So, are you on board with giving these a whirl? I’m really dying to know what you think!
Love you more than chocolate,
PIN THIS RECIPE to your COOKIE RECIPES Boards and Remember to FOLLOW ME ON PINTEREST!
Thanks to ads on this website, readers of The Kitchen Magpie are now sponsoring 2 families a month through the Edmonton Food Bank. Learn how you can help here.
Learn to cook like the Kitchen Magpie
Subscribe to The Kitchen Magpie on YouTube
One click and you'll get notified of new videos added to our YouTube account!Subscribe on YouTube
Cheesecake Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Prep Time
- 5 minutes
- Cook Time
- 10 minutes
- Karlynn Johnston
- 2 1/4 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup butter softened
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 8 ounces cream cheese softened
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 2 cups chocolate chips
- Pre-heat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Beat together the butter,white sugar, brown sugar, and cream cheese.
- Add the egg and vanilla, mix well.
- Whisk together the flour, baking soda, and salt in a separate bowl. Add to the wet ingredients slowly, mixing well after each addition.
- Mix in the chocolate chips.
- Using a standard cookie scoop or a tablespoonful, drop dough onto parchment lined cookie sheets.Bake at 350 for 9-11 minutes until the edges are browned and baked. Remove and cool on cookie sheets.
- The secret to these is to make sure you underbake them slightly.
All calories and info are based on a third party calculator and are only an estimate. Actual nutritional info will vary with brands used, your measuring methods, portion sizes and more.