Yes, they do taste as amazing as they look. These thick and chewy chocolate chip cookies are quite possibly the most popular cookie recipe I’ve ever posted on my website
This chocolate chip cookie recipe madness that seems to have overtaken me has been so much fun. What could be better than trying out versions of what is truly the world’s most famous cookie?
I’ll tell you what’s better.
Not having to go on the treadmill daily simply to combat the fact that I am baking so many cookies.
Not having to wash so many pans and spoons and cups and counters.
If that pic doesn’t make you want to bake these, I don’t know what will. Also, Rooster bowl! This is one of my absolute favorite pieces from my collection. Let’s get in close just to hammer the nail home about how much you need to try this thick and chewy chocolate chip cookie recipe.
The adoration I am getting over these cookies from friends and family alike is really wearing thin. 😉 They are in chocolate chip cookie heaven, especially my co-workers who received not one but two batches of chocolate chip cookies this weekend.
So. Yet another recipe born of my Chocolate Chip Cookie Madness. These were a thick and chewy version of the recipe, and to obtain that you need to cut the butter amount in half.
These were good and very kid friendly, thick and delicious, strong enough to hold together in children’s lunches and small enough that you don’t feel too guilty sending them to school for a treat.
This is a super delicious recipe and my go to for late night “Oh my god, I need a cookie” moments. Even Mr. Magpie can make them. Just click the “print” on the recipe below to bring up instructions that you can print out.
You can see in the picture how they are thick and chunky compared to the cookies I have been baking lately. Keeping the oven at a lower temperature and making sure to slightly under bake them will give you fantastic results.
The Kitchen Magpie
- 2 1/4 cups of all purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 cup of butter
- 1 tsp salt if using unsalted butter
- 1 cup of packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup of granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups of semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Kick the tires and light the fires to 350 degrees.
- Cream together your butter and sugar until it’s light and fluffy. Add in the eggs and vanilla, mixing thoroughly. Beat in the flour, baking soda and salt.
- When that is done, fold in the two cups of chocolate chips by hand, and prepare to put them on some parchment paper lined cookie sheets.
- Drop by rounded teaspoonful onto the baking sheets.
Bake at 350 degrees for 10-12 minutes, until golden brown and slightly underdone. Cool on the sheets completely.