You use fresh bananas to top that with cream cheese icing and it's perfection!
Homemade Banana Pudding Cake
Apparently I can't get away with anything with you guys. Sure, I'm a tease and I post pictures of what I made and promise the recipes soon, but this recipe?
I barely made if off my Facebook Page alive when I teased this one. You wanted this cake and you wanted it NOW.
I totally get that and this is why we all get along so well. I'm glad we have reached an understanding now. I better post my cake recipes right way or you'll hurt me. Crystal clear.
You know what? You should have gotten all excited about this recipe. I mean, Banana pudding cake? After my pistachio pudding cake that everyone loved it's no wonder you were forming a lynch mob when I said this recipe was coming next week. Add in the cream cheese icing and it all becomes clear.
This is one freaking amazing cake.
The outside becomes slightly crunchy when you let it cool, giving way to an inside that is so banana-in-your-mouth awesome that you can hardly stand it.
I'm not sure what I just wrote there. The banana made me loopy. Was that even English?
Then that glaze.
I hemmed and I hawed trying to think of what I wanted to top this with. I usually don't pair cream cheese with banana but for some reason it seemed so darn right that I had to do it.
So I done went and did it and thank goodness I did because it is simply spectacular.
Just when I think that nothing can ever top my other cakes, I go and find a new flavor. You all know how crazy I am about fake banana flavor, it's an obsession. So when you add the fresh banana to the pudding mix flavor of the cake?
Words fail, people, they totally fail. You are just going to have to make this baby yourself and then let me know what you think.
Using Other Flavors of Pudding
Now, if you haven't already, check out my Pistachio pudding cake as well, it is seriously fabulous.
Make sure you don't miss the most popular cake on my website, my Homemade Lemon Pudding Cake. This is the best lemon cake you will ever eat, I kid you not.
Happy Friday my dears! I hope you have a fabulous weekend!
Love you more than banana pudding cake,
PIN THIS RECIPE to your CAKE RECIPES Board and Remember to FOLLOW ME ON PINTEREST!
Thanks to ads on this website, readers of The Kitchen Magpie are now sponsoring 2 families a month through the Edmonton Food Bank. Learn how you can help here.
Subscribe to The Kitchen Magpie on YouTube
One click and you'll get notified of new videos added to our YouTube account!
Banana Pudding Cake With Cream Cheese Glaze
- Prep Time
- 15 minutes
- Cook Time
- 55 minutes
- Karlynn Johnston
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter softened
- 1 1/2 cups of white granulated sugar
- 1 package of Cook & Serve Banana Pudding/Pie Filling 85- 99 grams
- 4 eggs
- 1 1/4 cup whole milk
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
Cream Cheese Glaze:
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/4 cup room temperature cream cheese
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- dash of salt
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F. Grease and flour a standard Bundt pan.(the 12 cup capacity)
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, cornstarch, baking powder and salt then set aside.
- Using an electric mixer on medium speed with a paddle attachment, cream together the butter and granulated sugar until light and fluffy, about 2-3 minutes.Add in the banana pudding mix and mix on low for 3-4 minutes to dissolve the pudding mix.
- Beat in the eggs, one at a time, making sure each is thoroughly incorporated.
- Combine the milk, oil and vanilla extract in a large measuring cup or bowl.
- Starting with the dry ingredients, alternate pouring a third of the wet and dry ingredients into the bowl, incorporating thoroughly after each addition. You will end on the wet ingredients. Mix on medium speed for 2 minutes after the last addition.
- Pour the cake batter into the prepared Bundt pan and bake for 50 to 60 minutes, or until a tester inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean.
- Invert the cake onto a baking rack to cool.
- Mix together the glaze ingredients until smooth & drizzle over the cake, once it's completely cool.
- Top with fresh banana slices right before serving and enjoy!
All calories and info are based on a third party calculator and are only an estimate. Actual nutritional info will vary with brands used, your measuring methods, portion sizes and more.