I whipped this up easy cream cheese glaze to beautify my Carrot Cake scones, because how can one possibly have carrot cake anything without cream cheese icing or glaze? It’s almost a sacrilege not to grace the top of a sweetly spiced creation with something tangy and sweet! My cream cheese frosting recipe is heavier than this, but just as delicious! You can use this glaze on cakes, pound cakes, bundt cakes, carrot cakes and anything else you can dream up!
How to Make Cream Cheese Glaze
This is easy as pie, whip up the following ingredients together and then drizzle over the top. It will hardly just slightly and the amount is just enough to do 18 scones. IF you are looking for more glaze recipes, try my buttery vanilla glaze or my cinnamon roll icing, those are both great recipes.
- cream cheese – you can use light but full fat is always creamier
- powdered sugar –
- milk or cream – cream makes this richer
- vanilla extract
- pinch of salt – cuts the sweetness perfectly
More Scone Recipes You Might Enjoy
- Starbucks Copycat Pumpkin Scones
- White Chocolate Saskatoon Berry Scones
- Candied Ginger Scones
- Strawberry Yogurt Scones
How simple was that? Easiest glaze ever! I hope everyone has a fabulous day and make the scones to go with these!
Cream Cheese Glaze
How to make a simple Cream Cheese Glaze to drizzle over cinnamon rolls, scones and more.
- Prep Time
- 5 minutes
- Total Time
- 5 minutes
- Karlynn Johnston
- 2 ounces/ 6 tbsp cream cheese softened
- 2 1/2 tablespoons powdered sugar plus extra if desired
- 1 1/2 tablespoons milk
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Combine all of the ingredients until they are smooth. Add in extra milk if you want the mixture to be thinner.
All calories and info are based on a third party calculator and are only an estimate. Actual nutritional info will vary with brands used, your measuring methods, portion sizes and more.