How have I never put butter in my vanilla glazes? I am truly disappointed in myself. This is something I should have thought of years ago. Butter (like bacon) makes everything better.
A simple vanilla glaze is a baking basic that everyone should know how to make. You need it for cakes, muffins, some cookies,sweet breads, the list goes on and on. The taste of this glaze however is far from simple.
The butter gives it a luxurious mouth feel that you just don’t get with a plain glaze and once you make this one, you’re never going back to a butter-free glaze life again. I might just have ruined you forever, I’m sorry.
Now, I don’t mess around with any lil’ bit of butter. You are going to use a full two tablespoons of melter butter in this, that’s the same amount of cream that you use as well. Heck, if you are feeling frisky, just go ahead and use three tablespoons.
Love you more than chocolate,
- 1 1/2 cups confectioners’ sugar
- 2 tbsp cream
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2-3 tbsp melted butter
- Combine all ingredients in a measuring cup and stir together until there are no lumps.
- To adjust the consistency, add more or less cream until desired consistency has been reached.
- Drizzle on cakes, muffins, cinnamon buns and more!