Ever since I made the best chewy brownies recipe ever, that were the most delicious, chewy brownies I have ever eaten and promptly lost the recipe for them, I have been searching for a recipe that creates the same chewy-riffic, chocolate bliss that I once experienced. In the searching to learn how to come up with the best chewy brownies recipe that I possibly could, I learned a few things.
- How not to mix the hell outta them when you put in the flour, and thus you need to do things in a certain order to be able to do that and to leave out as many leavening agents as possible.
- No raising of these brownies, thankee kindly! I want flat, fudgy little bites of chocolate heaven.
Those two are the main key to success when it comes to making the best chewy brownies.
The Best Chewy Brownies Recipe AKA Chocolate Chewy Wonders. These are for the people that love fudgey brownies!
- 1 1/2 cups of white sugar
- 3/4 cup of flour
- 3/4 cup of cocoa
- 3 eggs
- 3/4 cup of butter
- 1 cup of chocolate chips or chocolate chunks
- Kick the tires and light the fires and preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Melt the butter in a pot, remove from the heat and stir in the white sugar.
- Once that is combined, mix in your cocoa.
- Add in your eggs. If you are using chocolate chips instead of chocolate chunks, you can mix in the 2/3 of a cup after the eggs are thoroughly combined into the mix.
- Once all that is mixed very, very well, add in your flour and barely stir it in. Just barely. I read somewhere that stirring the flour mixture creates gluten, which in turn creates the cakey texture I don’t like for brownies. So in theory, the less your stir, the less gluten and then chewy brownies here we come!
- Line a 9×9 pan with parchment paper.
- I used chocolate chunks, which I placed on top of the batter. They are so heavy that they sink right into it. Bake at 350 for 20-25 minutes, until the brownies pull away from the edges slightly.This is why I use the chunks, they sink in right to the top level of the brownies. Cool the brownies.