This amazing Fresh Thai Peanut Vegetable Noodle Bowl totally happened this week.
You don’t see this type of cold dinner recipe for another few weeks here on The Kitchen Magpie, but Edmonton isn’t often under a heat warning for some of the hottest spring weather we’ve ever seen. While my first recipe featuring Kraft Smooth Peanut Butter is hot weather friendly as well, my amazing Peanut Butter & Jam Bacon Sriracha Burgers, this recipe is all about being cool.
Cool noodles, cold, crisp vegetables and a lovely sesame peanut sauce make this one an amazing hot weather dish.
I think I’m just going to eat noodle bowls all summer long, who’s with me?
This time around to feature a new recipe using Kraft Smooth Peanut Butter in a savory dish, I wanted to make a Thai-influenced noodle bowl. Now, usually the thought of all those spices and oils make people turn tail and run the other way, but trust me, this is easy to make.
Prep the vegetables the night before, as the chopping and peeling will take up most of the time that you’ll spend making this dish. The sauce is pureed all together then tossed with noodles, which takes a mere ten or fifteen minutes.
Now, noodles are something you can consider here. The most important thing is that no matter which noodle you choose, do NOT over cook them! You do not want gluey, stuck together noodles in this dish.
I actually used Pho noodles – rice noodles- slightly undercooked and cooled instantly. You also need to make sure that you toss them with a little bit of sesame oil to keep them from sticking together.
If you want even more inspiration, head to www.sticktogether.ca and check out all the amazing recipes that you can make with Kraft Peanut Butter. It’s surely not just a spread, it’s an upgrade to your favourite dishes! I’ve given you two recipes now that you can make at home using peanut butter, why not check out what you and the family can make together from the website as well? One jar of peanut butter = endless inspiration!
Now, I had mentioned in my first post that there was a contest coming, and here it is: you all are going to get a chance to win!! Enter the contest below for your chance to win a grand prize valued at $500 which includes a $300 VISA gift card and delicious Kraft Peanut Butter products! Extra spending money AND Kraft Peanut Butter, dreams can come true! Make sure to enter the #KraftPeanutBetterIt contest in this blog post for your chance to win!!
Good luck everyone!!
Happy non-cooking everyone! I hope that you love this recipe!
- 450 grams your choice of noodle
- 1-2 tsp of sesame oil
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1/2 cup Kraft Smooth Peanut Butter
- 3 tbsp . soy sauce
- 2 tbsp . sesame oil
- 1 tbsp . tahini
- 1 tbsp . rice vinegar
- 1/2 tbsp . white sugar (or to taste
- 3-4 tbsp . water
- 2 cups of snow peas
- 2 cups of diced cucumber
- 1-2 cups of shredded carrots
- 1/2 cup cilantro washed and chopped
- 3-4 green onions washed and chopped
- Cook the noodles according to package directions. Rinse under cold water until completely cooled, drain well and place into a large bowl. Toss with the sesame oil so that it doesn’t stick.
- Using a food processor, chop up the garlic. Place the rest of the sauce ingredients into the processor and blend completely, stopping to scrape the sides down occasionally. Taste; if you want a tangier sauce, add more vinegar. If you want sweeter, add a bit more sugar. Here is where you can customize the sauce to your liking. If needed, add more water to make a very pourable sauce. You can also mince the garlic by hand and whip together the ingredients if you don’t have a food processor.
- Pour the sauce onto the noodles and toss until coated. Place into bowls, then top with assorted vegetables. Serve and enjoy.
- Serving Size: 4
Nutritional information is only an estimate. Actual nutritional numbers will vary due to cooking methods, your ingredient measurements and brands of products used.
Although this post has been generously sponsored by Kraft Heinz Canada ULC, the opinions and language are my own.