This Fresh Thai Peanut Vegetable Noodle Bowl is the bomb. Cool noodles, cold, crisp vegetables and a lovely sesame peanut sauce make this one an amazing healthy dish. I wanted to make a Thai-influenced noodle bowl. Now, usually the thought of all those spices and oils make people turn tail and run the other way, but trust me, this is easy to make. Prep the vegetables the night before, as the chopping and peeling will take up most of the time that you’ll spend making this dish. The sauce is pureed all together then tossed with noodles, which takes a mere ten or fifteen minutes.
How to Make a Noodle Bowl
- Cook the noodles according to package directions. Rinse under cold water until completely cooled, drain well and place into a large bowl. Toss with the sesame oil so that it doesn’t stick.
- Using a food processor, chop up the garlic. Place the rest of the sauce ingredients into the processor and blend completely, stopping to scrape the sides down occasionally.
- Pour the sauce onto the noodles and toss until coated.
- Place into bowls, then top with assorted vegetables. Serve and enjoy.
Tips and Tricks for Making Noodle Bowls
- Now, noodles are something you can consider here. The most important thing is that no matter which noodle you choose, do NOT over cook them! You do not want gluey, stuck together noodles in this dish. I actually used Pho noodles – rice noodles- slightly under cooked and cooled instantly. You also need to make sure that you toss them with a little bit of sesame oil to keep them from sticking together.
- You can add whatever fresh vegetables you like, the peanut sauce goes with everything!
- Adjust the sauce according to your tastes.
Happy non-cooking everyone! I hope that you love this recipe!
PIN THIS RECIPE to your DINNER RECIPES Boards and Remember to FOLLOW ME ON PINTEREST!
Thanks to ads on this website, readers of The Kitchen Magpie are now sponsoring 2 families a month through the Edmonton Food Bank. Learn how you can help here.
Subscribe to The Kitchen Magpie on YouTube
One click and you'll get notified of new videos added to our YouTube account!
Fresh Thai Peanut Vegetable Noodle Bowl
- Prep Time
- 20 minutes
- Cook Time
- 3 minutes
- Main Course
- Karlynn Johnston
- 450 grams your choice of noodle
- 1-2 teaspoons of sesame oil
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1/2 cup smooth peanut butter natural is best
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon tahini
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1/2 tablespoon white sugar (or to taste
- 3-4 tablespoons water
- 2 cups of snow peas
- 2 cups of diced cucumber
- 1-2 cups of shredded carrots
- 1/2 cup cilantro washed and chopped
- 3-4 green onions washed and chopped
Cook the noodles according to package directions. Rinse under cold water until completely cooled, drain well and place into a large bowl. Toss with the sesame oil so that it doesn't stick.
Using a food processor, chop up the garlic. Place the rest of the sauce ingredients into the processor and blend completely, stopping to scrape the sides down occasionally. Taste; if you want a tangier sauce, add more vinegar. If you want sweeter, add a bit more sugar. Here is where you can customize the sauce to your liking. If needed, add more water to make a very pourable sauce. You can also mince the garlic by hand and whip together the ingredients if you don't have a food processor.
Pour the sauce onto the noodles and toss until coated. Place into bowls, then top with assorted vegetables. Serve and enjoy.
The nutrition facts are for the sauce only, it will depend on what type of noodles you use.
All calories and info are based on a third party calculator and are only an estimate. Actual nutritional info will vary with brands used, your measuring methods, portion sizes and more.