Let’s face it: salad, even Kale Salad isn’t usually our favorite food.
Sure, we may lie to ourselves and smile while eating it, but we’re usually either:
a) crying on the inside
b) thinking about that brownie we are going to eat later because we were good and ate kale salad for lunch
c) wondering how long it takes to wear off two brownies on the treadmill.
Salads to me are a necessary evil, especially as some one who bakes a lot. Kale salads are lunch, plain and simple. They need to be. I have to come up with all sorts of different recipes for all of you on this website and not all of them are healthy. So in order to keep plugging along, I have to get my veggies somehow.
There is nothing I hate more than a boring salad. Chewing down rabbit food because it’s good for you just plain ol’ sucks. You know what I mean. Along with that, I now have Mike working at home, so there are two of us and now I have to make sure he gets his veggies in as well.
Getting Mike to eat vegetables is like trying to lead a horse to water. In a snowstorm. While barefoot, walking uphill both ways and the horse has no legs.
You get the picture.
The man will eat anything with buffalo hot sauce on it, so this is my way of tricking him (and myself) into liking salad for lunch.
It worked. It’s delicious, healthy and I didn’t feel like I was eating rabbit food.
Because there ain’t no rabbit alive that’s going to eat hot sauce shrimp like this.
So I hope I have livened up your salad repertoire a little bit! This recipe is very fast, very healthy and seriously yummy!
Hope you enjoy it!
Love you more than two brownies, (and definitely more than my treadmill)
PIN THIS RECIPE to your SALAD RECIPES Boards and Remember to FOLLOW ME ON PINTEREST!
Thanks to ads on this website, readers of The Kitchen Magpie are now sponsoring 2 families a month through the Edmonton Food Bank. Learn how you can help here.
Subscribe to The Kitchen Magpie on YouTube
One click and you'll get notified of new videos added to our YouTube account!Subscribe on YouTube
Buffalo Shrimp Kale Salad
- Prep Time
- 10 minutes
- Cook Time
- 7 minutes
- Total Time
- 17 minutes
- Karlynn Johnston
- 1 pound giant tiger shrimp peeled and de-veined
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 cup buffalo sauce
- 4 cups kale ribs removed and shredded into small pieces
- 1 cucumber sliced
- 1 tomato sliced
- 1 stalk celery diced
- 1.2 cup mozzarella sliced
- 2 tablespoons Ranch Dressing
- Rinse the shrimp and pat dry with a paper towel.
- Place olive oil and shrimp in a skillet and cook on medium high heat, stirring often, until the shrimp have turned pink.
- Pour in the buffalo sauce and cook until slightly thickened.
- Remove the skillet and set aside.
- Divide the kale between two plates, top with celery, cucumber, and tomatoes.
- Place shrimp on top, drizzling the extra sauce on top if wanted.
- Place cheese on top and finish by drizzling salad dressing over the salad.
All calories and info are based on a third party calculator and are only an estimate. Actual nutritional info will vary with brands used, your measuring methods, portion sizes and more.