You can store your fresh cinnamon rolls for a couple of days by covering them with foil and storing them at room temp. Cinnamon rolls will last for another week if you cover them with foil/plastic wrap and refrigerate them. Alternatively, you can freeze them and they’ll last up to 6 weeks!
- 1/2 cup warm water 110 degrees F/45 degrees C
- 1/2 cup warm milk
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup melted butter
- 1/3 cup white sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2.5 tsp traditional yeast
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- raisins, optional
- In a large bowl combine yeast mixture, milk mixture and egg. Stir in flour a little at a time and knead on lightly floured surface about 8 min. Or using your mixer and the dough hook, proceed to do the same, letting the mixer do all the kneading instead.
Cover and let rise about 1 hr then punch down the dough and then roll it out into a square that’s 15 inches by 10.
Whisk together the brown sugar and cinnamon. Brush the top of the dough square with the melted butter for the filling then sprinkle the brown sugar mix over the top. You can also sprinkle on raisins as well.
Starting at the long side, tightly roll up, pinching seam to seal. With a serrated knife, cut into 15 pieces; place cut side down, in a greased 9x13 pan.
Cover and let rise for 1 hour or until doubled in volume.
- Pre-heat your oven to 375 then bake for 20 minutes or until they are beautifully browned. Remove and cool on baking racks.