There is nothing better than these easy cinnamon buns with no yeast to start out your morning! They are so easy, my kids make them! Sometimes you have no yeast and yet you want cinnamon buns, and if so, this is the recipe for you!
Make Delicious Cinnamon Buns with No Yeast
These are a perfect start to a Sunday morning at home with the family. Not only are these incredibly easy cinnamon buns compared to normal cinnamon buns, they are also very kid-friendly and there is nothing my kids love better than helping me out. You will notice on most of my Sunday posts there are little kids hands “helping” in most pictures, and I wouldn’t have it any other way. That’s the point to Sunday mornings! These were my mom’s standby easy cinnamon buns when we were kids, I remember eating these at least once a week!
What do no yeast cinnamon buns taste like?
No yeast cinnamon buns are a more cakey cinnamon buns. Don’t expect that these are going to be light, fluffy clouds of delicious cinnamon carbs, these are more heavy. However they are also very delicious! They are a dense, sweet and cinnamon infused bun and ten times easier than waiting for yeast buns to rise! This is a no yeast, quick and easy cinnamon bun recipe that is sure to become your new go-to!
It’s so fast you can even whip it up during the week!
Easy Cinnamon Buns With No Yeast Tips & Tricks
- Make sure to use a good quality cinnamon when you make these. You can read up on what is the best cinnamon and then decide which one is the right one for you!
- You can make these with or without raisins. The raisins tend to pop up a little bit when baking but we love them just the same! However if you don’t have raisins, this isn’t a problem.
- You can make these the night before and leave them in the refrigerator just fine. Simply preheat your oven and follow the baking instructions in the recipe below.
- 2 cups flour
- 3 Tbsp sugar
- 1 1/2 tbs baking powder
- 1/4 cup cold butter or margarine
- 1 cup cold milk
- 1 tbsp Filling
- 1/3 cup butter
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 3 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 cup raisins
- Kick the tires and light the fires : preheat oven to 400 degrees please!
- Take those 2 cups of flour and dump them into a mixing bowl, add in the baking powder and sugar.
- Mix the dry ingredients together with a whisk.
- Use a pastry blender ( or two knifes criss-crossing each other) and cut the butter in, until its in tiny little pieces throughout the mixture.
- Make a well, and pour the milk into it.
- Mix it until it forms a soft ball, then take the dough out and put it onto a floured surface.
Take your rolling pin, and roll it until it's about 12 inches long, 5-6 inches wide and 1/3 inch thick.
Now it's time to start the filling. Take the brown sugar,1/3 cup butter and cinnamon and combine.
- Take a measured teaspoon and drop it into each muffin tin.
- Take the remaining filling and spread it out over the dough.
- Take your raisins and sprinkle them over the top.
- Roll the dough up jelly roll style.
- Mark off 12 rolls. Don't ignore me and start sawing away wildly, take a knife and mark them off.
- Take a serrated knife and cut those marks that you listened to me and made.
- Place them in the muffin tins, or enlist your help while you supervise.
- Bake for 12-17 minutes.