- Most breakfast casseroles are perfect to make ahead of time, make it the night before and simply pop it into the oven the next day.
- If you see a recipe that has cream of mushroom soup in it, you can switch in cream of chicken soup if preferred.
- For a crunchy topping, a lot of people like to add crushed, buttered corn flakes on top!
- You can freeze breakfast casseroles and then serve at a later date. Cook them at a lower temperature to start when cooking them from frozen to defrost them, then return the oven to the normal cooking temperature in the recipe to finish.
- Enjoy a cup of coffee and spend time with your family while it cooks! Breakfast casseroles are supposed to be a time saver, take the time to relax.
- 1 2 lb bag of frozen hash brown potatoes, thawed
- 1/2 cup butter softened
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup finely chopped white onion
- 1 10.75 ounce can condensed cream of mushroom soup (or cream of chicken)
- 2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese
Preheat oven to 350 °F Spray a 9x13 inch pan with non-stick cooking spray or grease it with butter.
In a large bowl, combine the thawed hashbrowns, butter, salt, pepper, onions, soup and shredded cheese.
Bake in the oven until browned and heated through completely, with the onions cooked, about 35 minutes.