My new Double Cheese Overnight Hash brown Casserole is the best breakfast I made for the holidays! This Double Cheese Overnight Hash brown Casserole is one of two breakfast casseroles that I whipped up for Christmas Eve breakfast this past holiday season. I was feeding 12 people, so two casseroles were in order. I’m going to start with this one because this casserole was a HIT with everyone.
How to Make the Best Hash Brown Casserole
And I do mean everyone loved this casserole. When the 3 year old eats it, you know that you have one heck of a great recipe on your hands. All of the kids loved the overnight hash brown casserole – including the 3 year old’s Dad, picky Uncle Wyatt. Like father, like daughter. My brother had two servings of this, declaring it the best he’s ever eaten and I’m inclined to agree.
Want to know what makes it so great? Canned cheese soup.
Yup, I was totally phoning the recipes in over the Christmas break this year but you know what, that’s what the holidays are for. They’re for cheater recipes that make the head cook’s life easier ( which still and yet is usually the female in the household taking on that responsibility, let’s admit it) and enjoying time with your family – with deliciously evil recipes to enjoy.
That’s where the double cheese comes from in the double cheese overnight hash brown casserole. The cheese soup – and it’s so flipping good. I’m pretty sure that no one is going to let me make any other kind of savory breakfast casserole for breakfast at any family gatherings or holidays from now on.
Happy cooking everyone! Let me know if you’ve made it and what you think in the comments below!
Pin this recipe to your Breakfast Ideas or Holidays boards and Remember to FOLLOW ME ON PINTEREST!
Thanks to ads on this website, readers of The Kitchen Magpie are now sponsoring 2 families a month through the Edmonton Food Bank. Learn how you can help here.
Learn to cook like the Kitchen Magpie
Subscribe to The Kitchen Magpie on YouTube
One click and you'll get notified of new videos added to our YouTube account!Subscribe on YouTube
Double Cheese Overnight Hash Brown Casserole
- Prep Time
- 20 minutes
- Cook Time
- 1 hour
- 8 servings
- Karlynn Johnston
- 1 pound bacon diced
- 1 cup diced white onions
- 1 10-11 oz. can of condensed cheddar cheese soup
- 12 large eggs beaten
- 1/2 cup milk
- 3 cups of shredded cheddar cheese I use old for maximum flavour
- 1 30 oz. bag of frozen shredded hash browns
- green onions for topping, optional
- In a medium sized frying pan, fry the bacon and onions together until the onions are soft and translucent. Drain the bacon grease and set aside.
- Grease a 9x13 pan and set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix together the soup, eggs and milk until combined. Stir in the bacon mixture, cheese and the hashbrowns.
- Pour into the prepared pan.
- Cover and place in the refrigerator overnight.
- In the morning, pre-heat your oven to 350 °F.
- Bake in the oven for 60-70 minutes, until the middle of the casserole is cooked and set, and reaches a temperature of at least 165 °F. Top with green onions if desired.
- Remove, let cool slightly and serve.
All calories and info are based on a third party calculator and are only an estimate. Actual nutritional info will vary with brands used, your measuring methods, portion sizes and more.