Fast and Fluffy No Rise Cinnamon Rolls – which means no yeast! This recipe came about when my daughter had a friend for a sleepover and I forgot to make overnight cinnamon buns! These fast, fluffy cinnamon rolls rise WITHOUT YEAST which makes them perfect for an emergency morning cinnamon bun!
Fast & Easy Cinnamon Rolls
Don’t get me wrong I love a good yeasty cinnamon roll, there is no other kind! Sometimes however you just don’t have the time to make them and that’s when this recipe comes in handy. You might have noticed that I have another no yeast cinnamon buns recipe on my website – My Easy Cinnamon Buns with No Yeast– and while those are also really good cinnamon buns, they are a crunchy, dense cinnamon roll. I wanted to see if you could make cinnamon buns that rise.
These are probably the closest that you will ever get to a yeasted cinnamon roll but spend half the time making it!
Tips and Trick for No Rise Cinnamon Rolls
- The real trick is that you are going to bake these cinnamon rolls low and slow. That is going to give the baking powder time to start it’s lift action. When you bake cinnamon rolls at a higher temperature you aren’t allowing the rising agent to do it’s proper job. That’s why it’s ok to bakes yeasted cinnamon rolls at a high temperature, the yeast has already done it’s job!
- Space them nicely in the 9×13 pan. As you can see you don’t get the really puffy cinnamon rolls that are stuck together, however these are the lightest and fluffiest no rise cinnamon rolls that I have ever made!
- If the cinnamon rolls aren’t browning, simply turn up the oven to 350 or 375 and brown them at the end for 5 minutes or so.
- Definitely ice them with my Cinnamon Roll Icing Glaze! It is the best!
So these are just that much better texture-wise than the no rise cinnamon rolls that you make in the muffin tins. I love them both, to be honest, but the other cinnamon rolls done in the muffin tins can get crunchy! The texture is definitely closer to real cinnamon rolls but again, it’s not the same. However if you are forgetful like me and didn’t put cinnamon rolls in the fridge for an overnight rise, then this is the best recipe you can use!
Happy Baking! If you are looking for some other breakfast baking recipes:
- Chocolate Chip Banana Bread Scones
- Healthy Peach Breakfast Crisp
- Honey and Coconut Biscuits
- Coconut Rhubarb Scones
Pin This To Your Dinner Ideas Boards and Remember to FOLLOW ME ON PINTEREST!
These fast, fluffy cinnamon rolls rise WITHOUT YEAST which makes them perfect for an emergency morning cinnamon bun!
- 2 cups flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 ⁄4 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
Pre-heat your oven to 325 °F. Spray a 9x13 pan generously and set aside.
In a small bowl combine softened butter, brown sugar and cinnamon until it forms a crumbly mixture. Set aside.
- In a large bowl mix together flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt.
Cut in the softened butter, then stir in milk to form a soft dough.
Roll out the dough on a lightly floured surface into a rectangle about 1/2 inch thick.
Spread the filling on the rolled out dough.
Roll up the rectangle. With a sharp knife slice into 12 rolls. Place the rolls cut side up into the pan.
Bake in the oven for 30-35 minutes or until they are browned and done. If you find they are not browning, turn up the oven to 350 °F. Remove from the oven once they are fully baked.
Make a batch of The Best Danish, Pastry and Cinnamon Roll Icing Glaze and drizzle on top of the cinnamon rolls.
By cooking them at a lower temp you are giving the baking powder time to rise, which is what makes these fluffy!