There are plenty of great slow cooker brands out there but the best of the best (in our opinion) and the ones we use exclusively here at The Kitchen Magpie are those made by Crock-Pot themselves. We feel that they are a good balance of quality, reliability and price.
- 3 lbs yellow potatoes like Yukon Gold peeled and sliced in one inch chunks
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- 1/4 cup butter
- Grease the inside of the crockpot with the butter.
- Place the prepared potatoes inside of the crockpot, then pour the vegetable broth over them.
- Cook on low all day, or on high for 3-4 hours.
- When the potatoes are ready and YOU are ready, mash them with a potato masher. Add in enough milk to make them creamy, then place into your casserole of choice. Top with the toppings in your preferred order.
- Place on table and let everyone spoon out their portions.