These Crock pot Chicken Fajitas were something I threw together last minute and ended up being a new recipe that I will use from now on! They are SO easy!
How to Make Crock Pot Chicken Fajitas
Before we left for Phoenix, I was a pantry-emptying machine. I was ruthless; we were not buying anything excepting fresh produce before we left for three months. There was no way I was going to be able to clear my pantry, let’s get that straight right away. I’m not sure if I have ever posted a picture of my pantry, but let’s just say it’s scary.
This was a recipe I literally threw into a crock pot, shrugged, and hoped.
Oh my word, something went incredibly right with this recipe. I will never make any other type of fajitas again.
This is a cheater recipe and I love it. I had a packet of fajita seasoning and a jar of salsa in my pantry to use up, chicken breasts in the freezer and we always have tortillas for the kids who live on PB& J wraps.
The best part is that you can customize it to your liking so easily. Want spicier? Use a hotter salsa. Have a favorite fajita seasoning? Use it.
You can see that I also topped these with my Simple Mexican Coleslaw, however I was the only one who did so. (Big surprise, right? Everyone else looked at me like I was crazy. Sigh. This family of mine.)
The consistency is more like a pulled chicken and I think that’s why I loved it so much. I like regular fajitas, but I LOVE a pulled pork consistency in wraps more than chicken chunks. Mike also can’t eat peppers and to be honest, they would be mush in these anyway. If you want crispy peppers, then I would make traditional fajitas and skip these.
Happy Cooking everyone!
Love you more than chocolate,
Pin this to your Dinner Recipes board and remember to Follow Me on Pinterest!
Thanks to ads on this website, readers of The Kitchen Magpie are now sponsoring 2 families a month through the Edmonton Food Bank. Learn how you can help here.
Subscribe to The Kitchen Magpie on YouTube
One click and you'll get notified of new videos added to our YouTube account!
Crock pot Chicken Fajitas
- 4 skinless boneless chicken breasts
- one large white onion
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 225 ml jar of salsa your choice of heat,
- 1 package of your favorite fajita seasoning mix
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 teaspoon white sugar
- Place chicken in the bottom of a crockpot.
- Sautee the onions in the butter in a medium skillet until browned and soft. You want to brown them to get the best flavor possible.
- Place onions on top of the chicken,
- Combine the last four ingredients together and pour over the chicken and onions, covering it all nicely.
- Cook on high for 4 hours or low 6-8 hours, until the chicken shreds nicely.
- Serve on tortillas garnished with sour cream, cheese and cilantro.
All calories and info are based on a third party calculator and are only an estimate. Actual nutritional info will vary with brands used, your measuring methods, portion sizes and more.