Baked cream of mushroom soup pork chops is a quick and easy dinner recipe that’s simply delicious! This is definitely a favourite of mine for whipping up a tasty weeknight meal.
If you are looking for a rice recipe, try my baked pork chops with rice, it also uses mushroom soup.
A Family Favorite!
It has been rainy and cold this summer here in Edmonton, so I am making more comfort food in the oven than usual! This is a recipe that’s almost as old as time and most households will have their own special variation, but of course, I like mine the best! Baked pork chops with cream of mushroom soup is definitely on my list of comfort foods and it’s really not difficult to make. This recipe ticks all the boxes whether you want a sit-down family meal or a simple dinner for one. Try making these with my salty, crispy baked potatoes for an easy meal!
How Long Should you Bake Pork Chops?
This recipe should be baked at 350 degrees (in a preheated oven at the same temp) for 25 minutes. So it does take a little while to make, but you don’t need to hover over it once it’s baking so it’s very easy to cook!
Baked Pork Chops Ingredients
- pork chops
- salt and pepper
- salted butter
- white onion
- minced garlic
- condensed cream of mushroom soup
How to Make Baked Cream of Mushroom Pork Chops Perfectly
- Start by preheating your oven to 350 degrees and use salt and pepper to season each side of the pork chops.
- Melt the butter in a skillet over medium heat and then add the butter and onions.
- Make sure that you fry the onions until they're tender, add in the garlic, and keep frying for another minute.
- Once the onions are sorted, leave them aside and start to saute the pork chops in the butter. You just need to do this for 3-4 minutes each side until they're nicely browned.
- Combine the milk and soup until you have a smooth mixture, and pour it over the pork chops.
- Bake at 350 degrees around 25 minutes or until the pork reaches a minimum of 145 °F in the middle.
What to Serve with Baked Pork Chops with Cream of Mushroom
I think this dish oozes comfort when it’s served with a simple combo of potatoes and vegetables. I like to cook up some of my Instant Pot Mashed Potatoes and Instant Pot Corn on the Cob, which takes no time at all but tastes SO GOOD when it’s all put together.
How to Defrost Pork Chops
The most efficient methods of defrosting your pork chops are with cold water or by microwaving them., but the very SAFEST way is defrosting them in the refrigerator. However, that takes overnight and planning, something we don't always have! Try these two methods when you are pressed for time.
Cold Water Defrosting
- To defrost pork chops using cold water, remove them from the freezer and place them in a tightly sealed container or plastic bag (make sure it’s leak-proof).
- Place the (sealed) pork chops in a large bowl of cold water until they’re completely submerged.
- For weights up to 1lb, you’ll need to soak them for an hour, changing the water every 30 minutes. But you’ll definitely need another hour or two for 3 – 4 lbs of pork chops.
- Microwaving your pork chops is easy. Just unwrap them, place them in the microwave, and defrost the pork chops using the “defrost” or “thaw” button for 30 seconds.
- Turn them over and thaw them for 30 seconds on the other side. Continue with this process until the pork chops have completely thawed.
If you liked this dish, here are some other pork recipes you might enjoy!
You can also learn all about Pork Chop Nutrition and calories.
Happy cooking! If you are a mushroom lover like I am, try my sauteed mushrooms with Parmesan and garlic, they are amazing!
PIN THIS RECIPE to your DINNER RECIPES Boards and Remember to FOLLOW ME ON PINTEREST!
Thanks to ads on this website, readers of The Kitchen Magpie are now sponsoring 2 families a month through the Edmonton Food Bank. Learn how you can help here.
Subscribe to The Kitchen Magpie on YouTube
One click and you'll get notified of new videos added to our YouTube account!
Baked Cream of Mushroom Pork Chops
- Prep Time
- 10 minutes
- Cook Time
- 25 minutes
- Main Course
- Karlynn Johnston
- 3-4 pork chops 1 inch thick
- salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon salted butter
- 1/2 cup white onion. chopped
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 3/4 cup milk
- one 10.75 ounces can condensed cream of mushroom soup
- Preheat your oven to 350 °F.
- Season the pork chops with salt and pepper on each side.
- Melt the butter in a large oven safe skillet over medium heat. Add in the butter and then the onions. Fry the onions until they are tender and translucent. Add in the garlic and fry for 1 minute.
- Push the onions to the side and saute the pork chops in the butter for 3-4 minutes per side, until they are browned nicely.
- In a glass measuring cup, combine the milk and soup until smooth. pour the soup mixture over the chops.
- Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 20-25 minutes, until the pork reaches at least 145 °F in the middle. Remove and serve.
All calories and info are based on a third party calculator and are only an estimate. Actual nutritional info will vary with brands used, your measuring methods, portion sizes and more.