As much as I enjoy cooking, I don’t always have that much time to spend in the kitchen, and these Roasted Garlic Parmesan Brussels Sprouts are a super quick and easy option! Not to mention being absolutely delicious!
You only need a handful of ingredients to put this recipe together and it’s an excellent side dish for any meal, or even as a whole meal on its own (hey, some of us REALLY like brussels sprouts!).
These mini cabbage vegetables are so good that they’ll tempt even the most adamant brussels sprouts haters! I love to serve this side dish with my Man-Catching’ Oven Baked Fried Chicken and Instant Pot Mashed Potatoes for a meal that will keep your tummy warm and full for hours!
How to Make Roasted Garlic Parmesan Brussels Sprouts
This recipe is so easy to make you could let the kids have a go at it and it’ll still come out just as delicious! I use the skillet rather than the oven in this recipe, but you can always use the oven if you prefer.
- Heat the butter over medium heat in a medium-sized frying pan
- Add the Brussel Sprouts and fry until browned on the outside and a bit crispy
- Add in the garlic and cook for another few minutes until browned
- Sprinkle some Parmesan cheese on top to serve!
Do Brussels Sprouts Need to Be Washed?
You’ll need to wash your Brussels Sprouts as they can often be quite dusty and dirty. But all you have to do is rinse them in cold water for a minute or so until clean.
How Do I Store Leftover Brussels Sprouts?
Your sprouts will keep for up to 3 days when stored in an airtight container in the fridge. If you’d like to freeze them, make sure to freeze the sprouts raw as this doesn’t freeze well when cooked. They’ll keep for up to 3 months in the freezer this way. You can then follow this recipe once the sprouts have thawed.
Tips and Tricks For Making Garlic Parmesan Brussels Sprouts
- Try to ensure the brussels sprouts aren’t too packed on top of each other. Spread them out to make sure they get nice and charred and crispy. If they’re touching or you use a pan that’s too small you’re going to end up with steamed sprouts instead of the roasted variety!
- You can use pre-trimmed or regular brussels sprouts. If you go for untrimmed, remember to take off the dirty outside later and trim off the knob at the end.
- The time they take to roast will depend on the size of your brussels sprouts but average bake time is around 15 minutes depending on how well you like them done. Check them for doneness using a fork to make sure they’re tender.
- I’ve recommended getting medium-sized brussels sprouts for this recipe but you’ll often get a mix of different sizes in a bag. In this case, keep the smaller ones whole and cut the larger ones in half to make sure they get roasted evenly.
More Side Dish Options to Try:
Here a few more of my favorite side dish recipes:
Herb and Garlic Roasted Red Potatoes: potatoes are definitely my favorite carb and this recipe is potato heaven!
Honey & Cinnamon Roasted Butternut Squash: sweet, aromatic, and full of flavor!
Roasted Parsnips & Carrots: the perfect wintertime vegetable side dish
Scalloped Potatoes and Ham: a super cheesy, creamy, and filling family favorite that takes just an hour to get on the table!
PIN THIS RECIPE to your SIDE DISH RECIPES Boards and Remember to FOLLOW ME ON PINTEREST!
Thanks to ads on this website, readers of The Kitchen Magpie are now sponsoring 2 families a month through the Edmonton Food Bank. Learn how you can help here.
Subscribe to The Kitchen Magpie on YouTube
One click and you'll get notified of new videos added to our YouTube account!Subscribe on YouTube
Roasted Garlic Parmesan Brussels Sprouts
- Prep Time
- 5 minutes
- Cook Time
- 15 minutes
- Side Dish
- Karlynn Johnston
- 20-25 medium sized Brussels Sprouts washed trimmed and halved
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 3 tablespoons grated fresh Parmesan cheese
- Heat the butter in a medium sized frying pan over medium heat.
- Place the Brussel Sprouts in the pan.
- Fry until they are seared brown on the outside and a little bit crispy.
- Add in the garlic and cook for 3-4 minutes, until it's browned.
- Sprinkle the Parmesan cheese on top and serve.
All calories and info are based on a third party calculator and are only an estimate. Actual nutritional info will vary with brands used, your measuring methods, portion sizes and more.