These Lemon Bacon Roasted Brussels Sprouts are tangy, fresh and crispy, the perfect easy side dish for your meal! The lemon foils the richness of the bacon and the cheese adds a salty umami dimension of taste to the entire dish!
Roasted Brussels Sprouts
The trend of roasting Brussels sprouts has most likely changed the way people regard Brussels sprouts more than any one food trend that I can think of (even avocados on toast haha!). Most of us grew up with parents that steamed the ever lovin’ heck out of Brussels sprouts and while I will eat these guys any way that I can, roasting Brussels sprouts has made people discover that they can actually enjoy them.
Sorry Moms and Dads of the 70’s and 80’s, you know it’s true. Steamed Brussels sprouts were never really that good.
Roasted Brussel sprouts with bacon almost guarantee that everyone will eat them, and the lemon in these is so refreshing. Speaking of which, if you haven’t tried out lemon olive yet, put it on your shopping list.
Lemon olive oil on ricotta cheese on a piece of crusty bread = heaven on earth.
Not to mention that lemon infused olive oil is fantastic to cook with!
Fresh, light, lemony – these lemon bacon roasted Brussels sprouts are the bomb!
Pin this recipe to your VEGETABLE RECIPES BOARD and remember to FOLLOW ME ON PINTEREST!
Lemon Bacon Roasted Brussels Sprouts
- Prep Time
- 5 minutes
- Cook Time
- 10 minutes
- Total Time
- 15 minutes
- Side Dish
- 6 servings
- Karlynn Johnston
- 1.5 pounds of Brussels sprouts washed, trimmed and cut in half
- 6 slices of thick cut bacon
- 2-3 tablespoons lemon olive oil or regular, use 1 tbsp of lemon juice to flavour
- 1 large lemon sliced in pieces
- 2-3 tablespoons Parmesan flakes
- sea salt & pepper to taste
- Preheat your oven to 400 °F.
- Toss the first four ingredients together and spread out over a large baking sheet.
- Bake in the oven until the Brussel sprouts are crispy and browned on the outside.
- Remove and garnish with Parmesan, salt and pepper.
- Serve and enjoy!
All calories and info are based on a third party calculator and are only an estimate. Actual nutritional info will vary with brands used, your measuring methods, portion sizes and more.