I totally have a thing for roasted Brussels sprouts. Like, a real love thing.
The trend of roasting them has most likely changed the way people regard Brussels sprouts more than any one food trend that I can think of (even avocados on toast haha!). Most of us grew up with parents that steamed the ever lovin’ heck out of Brussels sprouts and while I will eat these guys any way that I can, roasting Brussels sprouts has made people discover that they can actually enjoy them.
Sorry Moms and Dads of the 70’s and 80’s, you know it’s true. Steamed Brussels sprouts were never really that good.
Roasted Brussel sprouts with bacon almost guarantee that everyone will eat them, and the lemon in these is so refreshing. Speaking of which, if you haven’t tried out lemon olive yet, put it on your shopping list.
Lemon olive oil on ricotta cheese on a piece of crusty bread = heaven on earth.
Not to mention that lemon infused olive oil is fantastic to cook with!
Fresh, light, lemony – these lemon bacon roasted Brussels sprouts are the bomb!
Fabulously easy and delicious Lemon Bacon Roasted Brussels Sprouts !
- 1.5 lbs of Brussels sprouts, washed, trimmed and cut in half
- 6 slices of thick cut bacon
- 2-3 tbsp lemon olive oil ( or regular, use 1 tbsp of lemon juice to flavour)
- 1 large lemon, sliced in pieces
- 2-3 tbsp Parmesan flakes
- sea salt & pepper to taste
- Preheat your oven to 400 °F.
- Toss the first four ingredients together and spread out over a large baking sheet.
- Bake in the oven until the Brussel sprouts are crispy and browned on the outside.
- Remove and garnish with Parmesan, salt and pepper.
- Serve and enjoy!