This Honey & Cinnamon Roasted Butternut Squash is a super easy and delicious way to enjoy butternut squash. It is always squash season in this house, no matter the time of year. When you try to vary the vegetables that you eat daily, it’s a plain fact that you are going to run out of interesting options, and soon. It gets so hard jazzing up vegetables all the time and it’s something I try to do on a regular basis, because let’s admit it; eating veggies isn’t always fun or enjoyable, sometimes it’s a chore.
Add in the fact that I have picky eaters and well, this Mama goes crazy most of the time.
My daughter still won’t eat squash so her default vegetable of choice is raw cauliflower. I’ve given up cooking for her, she is happy with raw carrots, cucumbers or cauliflower. So be it. I am darn well cooking something fabulous for the three of us who aren’t so picky in this family! Roasted squash tops my list of loves, for sure. I loved this recipe because a) no processed sugars, unlike most recipes and b) the cinnamon is SO delicious and c) it’s sweet. It’s a tricky recipe. You don’t mind eating your veggies. A bit of unpasteurized honey and butter is not bad for you at all and cinnamon is very good for you!
Did I also mention it’s soooo easy? It is. The most work is cutting the squash which can be a real PITA, but after that you simply roast it in the oven and then drizzle the ingredients over the top. Easy peasy. And if your kids don’t like it?
More for you.
Happy cooking everyone!
PIN this recipe to your SIDE DISHES BOARD and Remember to FOLLOW ME ON PINTEREST!
Honey and Cinnamon Roasted Butternut Squash
To to make delicious Honey and Cinnamon Roasted Butternut Squash in your oven! The honey and cinnamon are the perfect pairing for this sweet squash.
- Prep Time
- 10 minutes
- Cook Time
- 45 minutes
- Total Time
- 55 minutes
- Side Dish
- Karlynn Johnston
- 1 3 lbs medium butternut squash
- 6 tablespoons melted salted butter
- 1/4 cup melted honey
- 1 1/2 teaspoons fine sea salt
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Cut off the ends off the butternut squash.
- Peel the squash, cut in half lengthwise and then remove the seeds.
- Cut the squash into 1 1/2 inch cubes (uniform is best) and place them on a baking sheet.
- Add the melted butter, honey and cinnamon.
- Toss all of the ingredients together and spread out in a single layer on the baking sheet.
- Turn the squash while roasting a few times to ensure even browning.
- Roast for 45 minutes to 55 minutes, until the squash is tender.
- Adjust seasonings if needed.
All calories and info are based on a third party calculator and are only an estimate. Actual nutritional info will vary with brands used, your measuring methods, portion sizes and more.