Happy Monday everyone! Since it IS Monday, I’m cheering you up with my newest cookie creation, my buttery and crispy butterscotch cookie recipe! You deserve it. We all deserve it. It’s Monday, it’s summer and no one should have to be working, says I.
However since there are bills to be paid, it’s off to work everyone goes, but hopefully just the thought of these cookies brightens up your day.
Just when I thought that I had a favorite chocolate chip cookie recipe, I created these for the school bake sale back in June on a whim and soon discovered that I had better stop “sampling” them or there would be nothing left for the school bake sale. Mike’s hands were slapped away as well, since out of all the cookies that I baked up, these were the ones that were rapidly disappearing.
Some packages did eventually make it to the bake sale and I was ever so glad for the “taste test” that happens when you actually get your cookies out into the real world for people to sample. These cookies had repeat customers who came back for another bag of cookies after they had moved on to other tables at the farmers market while munching on the butterscotch delights. Nothing speaks of a cookie success like a repeat customer!
I’m actually not a lover of butterscotch cookies, you’d never catch me choosing them over a basic chocolate chip cookie or even raisin oatmeal.
There is just something about the buttery crunch of these cookies that make a liar out of me regarding my previous statement.
There is just something absolutely right about these cookies.
Bake up a batch for yourself and see! It might just convert you!
** Remember to join ZIPLIST to create your own online recipe box and then click SAVE on my recipe below to add it! I use my online recipe box ALL the time! **
Read more at https://www.thekitchenmagpie.com/peanut-butter-chocolate-chip-cookie-skillet-brownie-bars#Sy7c7PWTMBtlWT74.99
- 2 1/2 cups of flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt if using unsalted butter
- 1 cup of butter softened
- 1 1/4 cups of white granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1 egg
- 2 cups of butterscotch baking chips
Kick the tires and light the fires to 375 degrees.
- Kick the tires and light the fires to 375 degrees.
- Cream together your butter and sugar until it’s light and fluffy.
- Add in the egg and vanilla, mixing thoroughly. Beat in the flour, baking soda and salt.
- When that is done, fold in the two cups of butterscotch baking chips by hand, and prepare to put them on some parchment paper lined cookie sheets.
- Roll a heaping tablespoon of cookie dough into a ball, 12 per cookie sheet.
- Take a glass and using the bottom, flatten out each cookie. If the cookie sticks, start wetting the bottom of the glass with water, they will come right off.
- Flatten each of them as much as you can. This is a dry dough â€“ no sticky chewiness going on here- but it’s just wet enough to make perfect little flat cookie patties.
- Bake at 375 for 9-11 minutes, until golden brown. Cool on the sheets completely.
- , crispy little bites of chocolate heaven!
- Serving Size: 24
Happy Monday everyone! I hope you had a fabulous weekend. I was out camping with the kids late last week and Mike joined us for the weekend. We left on Saturday morning once the thunderstorms starting heading our way and the temperature was a balmy plus twelve.
Twelve… degrees …Celsius. Whoop-de-do.
Can anyone tell me if I’m really in the right month? This is late July, correct? I’m afraid that one morning I am going to wake up and the frost will have decimated my already poorly growing garden and I’m quite serious about that.
It’s cold. It’s miserable. I’m wearing jeans all the time and it’s almost August!
I’m so moving first chance I get to a better climate. This is getting ridiculous. Freezing winters with tons of snow and we aren’t even rewarded with a hot, steamy summer that we should be getting.
Ah, I know, the typical Edmontonian grump about the weather, but seriously this month sucks. This is not summer.
I’m thinking British Columbia is nice to go visit…..and stay forever…..