This Cinnamon Spice Apple Bread is wonderfully moist and full of flavor! If you’re looking for a good quick bread to warm you up on a cold day or serve at an event or potluck, this is it. You’ll see from my banana bread and zucchini bread posts that I love baking up a nice loaf of sweet bread- for any and all reasons.
Cinnamon Spice Apple Bread
This fruity apple bread definitely delivers the comfort factor with its alluring cinnamon aroma and it’s actually full of healthy fats and nutrients too, so it’s a great family snack to have on stand-by. I like to have a slice with a cup of coffee whenever I have a craving for something sweet – morning or night.
I mean, sure, I could just have an apple, but sometimes a bit of fruit just doesn’t do the trick.This cinnamon spice apple bread is the definition of baked comfort food and a great way to use up any extra apples that have been taking up space in your kitchen for a bit too long. My Copycat Cracker Barrel Fried Apples ( Slow Cooker or Instant Pot!) is another delicious way to use them up!
How To Make Apple Bread
As this is a quick bread, you'll find it much easier to prepare and bake than a yeast bread or cake!
- Once you’ve preheated your oven (set it at 350 F), grease a loaf pan and set it to the side. A standard sized pan will do the trick and make sure to grease it well.
- Beat the butter and eggs in a mixing bowl until you get a nice creamy consistency. Then add in the sugars and beat them in until they’re completely combined.
- Mix in the vanilla and stir in the shredded apples.
- You’ll need to grab a separate bowl at this point to whisk the flour, salt, baking powder, and spices together.
- When that’s done, add flour mixture to the apple mixture and stir until it’s evenly combined. This is going to give you a pretty thick batter.
- Grab your loaf pan and scoop in the batter.
- Sometimes this apple bread can get a bit dark, but you can stop it getting too dark by placing a piece of aluminum foil on top of the bread about 30 minutes into baking.
- After about 25 minutes of baking, you can check if it’s ready by inserting a toothpick into the center of the loaf. If it comes out clean, you’re good to go. If not, leave it another while.
- Once it’s ready, let the bread cool in the loaf pan for around 10 minutes before taking it out to cool completely.
Cinnamon Spice Apple Bread Tips and Tricks
I've made this recipe a lot and collected some tips you might find helpful along the way!
- You can make this snack even healthier by swapping the butter for applesauce.
- Don’t skip on the toothpick test, it’s super important to make sure that your loaf is perfectly done.
- Check the expiry date on your baking powder! If you’re anything like me, you probably have tons of this stuff in the pantry and it’s easy to forget how long it's been there. But if it’s expired you’re going to end up with a flat loaf that’s much too dense.
- Like a fresh haircut, quick breads are often even better the next day! If you can make yourself wait it out, it’s worth leaving your loaf to cool and refrigerate overnight before eating (make sure to wrap it up in plastic).
- Granny Smith apples are the best kind of apples to use for this bread because they’re the perfect balance of tart and sweet!
More Apple Recipes
Yes, I am posting this recipe in the middle of summer- what summer? is my rebuttal to that. Edmonton has been cold, rainy and generally I'm feeling quite ripped off. We have to deal with minus 30 degree winters, and now we got an unseasonably cold summer. BAH. Fall had better be nice!
PIN THIS RECIPE to your BAKING RECIPES Board and Remember to FOLLOW ME ON PINTEREST!
Thanks to ads on this website, readers of The Kitchen Magpie are now sponsoring 2 families a month through the Edmonton Food Bank. Learn how you can help here.
Subscribe to The Kitchen Magpie on YouTube
One click and you'll get notified of new videos added to our YouTube account!Subscribe on YouTube
Cinnamon Spice Apple Bread
- Prep Time
- 20 minutes
- Cook Time
- 55 minutes
- 10 slices
- Karlynn Johnston
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 cup butter OR applesauce
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup shredded apples
- Preheat your oven to 350 °F. Grease a standard loaf pan well, and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat the butter and eggs, together until creamy. Add in the sugars, beat them in well until combined. Add in the vanilla, mix in.
- Stir in the shredded apples until combined.
- Whisk together the flour, salt, baking powder and spices in a separate bowl until they are mixed together completely.
- Add the flour mixture to the apple mixture and stir just until evenly combined.
- This will be a thick batter!
- Scoop the batter into the prepared loaf pan.
- To prevent the apple bread from getting to dark, place a piece of aluminum foil lightly on top of the bread about 30 minutes into baking.
- Continue baking until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, about 25 minutes more.
- Cool the bread in the loaf pan for 10 minutes.
- Remove and cool completely on a wire rack.
All calories and info are based on a third party calculator and are only an estimate. Actual nutritional info will vary with brands used, your measuring methods, portion sizes and more.