These cheese stuffed garlic knots are so easy because they are made with canned biscuit dough – and are so darn carbo-licious that you can’t even imagine until you try one.
- 1/4 cup warm water 105-110 °F
- 2 1/4 tsp traditional yeast
- 1 tsp white sugar
- 3/4 cup scalded milk cooled to 110 °F
- 1/3 cup melted butter
- 1 egg beaten
- 1/3 cup white sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 3/4 - 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup butter softened
- Place water, yeast and 1 tsp of sugar into the bowl attached to a stand mixer with the dough hook attachment fixed on. Stir into combined. Let sit until bubbles appear ( which means that the yeast is proofed.)
- Combine the milk, butter, egg, 1/3 cup of sugar, salt and first two cups of the flour. Mix together until the dough comes together.
- Add the remaining flour, slowly mixing, until the dough has come together and is slightly tacky to the touch.
- Place in a large bowl and cover, Let rise in a warm, draft-free palce until doubled in size, around 45-55 minutes.
- Punch the dough down.
- Grease (3) 9 inch round pans.
- Dived the dough into three equals sections.
- Take each section and divide it into 8 pieces. Roll each piece into a ball and place into one pan. Start with a roll in the middle, then place the remaining 7 rolls around it evenly.
- Repeat with the other two portions of dough until you have three pans, each pan having 8 rolls in it.
- Cover the pans and let rise again until doubled in size, around 40-50 minutes.
- Pre-heat your oven to 400 °F.
- Bake in preheated oven for 15-20 minutes, until golden brown on top and all of the rolls are cooked. Around 5 minutes before removing from the oven, brush the tops of the buns with the softened butter, then continue to bake until done.