This fabulous Blueberry Banana Bread is another great way to use up those freezer bananas! ( if you’re like me, you have a never-ending stash of them!) Blueberries are a perfect match with banana, so why not bake them into banana bread? This will be a hit with kids and adults alike! ( and empty your freezer or counter of those overripe bananas!)
YES! Yet another way to use up overripe bananas! How many banana bread concoctions do I have on here so far? Five? Seven? Whatever amount it is, it’s still not enough! We have a banana problem in my house. Either they disappear within seconds of bringing them home (or so it seems) or I am looking at a bowl of completely overripe bananas wondering why I even bother buying them at the store.
I also happen to love banana bread in all its various forms, so I’m not surprised that blueberry banana bread was next. It’s summer, the blueberries are in season and thus cheap and plentiful and I always have bananas.
This blueberry banana bread is one of my new favourites – blueberries have always been a longtime love of mine- and even though i received a few weird looks from the family, it was quickly devoured of course.
Why don’t they ever believe me?
So if you’re needing another delicious banana bread idea, this blueberry banana bread is it!
This fabulous Blueberry Banana Bread is another great way to use up those freezer bananas! ( if you’re like me, you have a never ending stash of them!) Blueberries are a perfect match with banana, so why not bake them into banana bread?
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 cup of white sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup of very ripe mashed banana, equals about 3-4 medium bananas
- 2 cups of all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp of baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 cup of fresh blueberries
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F. Grease and flour a standard loaf pan and set aside.
- Cream the butter and sugar together until smooth and combined.
- Add in the eggs, one at a time, beating until smooth.
- Mix in the mashed bananas.
- Whisk together the dry ingredients.
- Stir in gently, until just combined. Add in the blueberries and mix in until they are evenly dispersed throughout the batter.
- Pour into the prepared loaf pan.
- Bake in the oven for 50-60 minutes, until a cake tester or toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Remove and cool in the pan for 10 minutes, then release from the pan and cool on a baking rack.
- Keep wrapped or in a container.
Nutritional information is only an estimate. Actual nutritional numbers will vary due to cooking methods, your ingredient measurements and brands of products used.
Other Banana Bread Recipes! PIN them to your Baking Board!