This pumpkin banana bread combines two of my favorite flavors into one sweet bread and not only that, this recipe yields two delicious loaves (because seriously, who makes only one pumpkin loaf when the cans of pureed pumpkin are so big?)
Pumpkin Banana Bread
I baked up this pumpkin banana bread Friday morning and we proceeded to demolish these two loaves over the weekend! Weekend breakfast/brunch was done – and I really have to tell you guys, this is a MUST-TRY recipe if you love banana bread and pumpkin bread. It has a perfect crumb, the flavor combination is seriously out of this world and it bakes up like a dream.
This is going into the permanent monthly rotation of recipes that use up my stash of freezer bananas because 4 out of 4 family members loved it. Not just liked it, LOVED it. That’s an absolute miracle.
How to Make Banana Pumpkin Bread
This is a seriously fast and easy recipe and as I mentioned before, if you are opening up that can of pumpkin puree, you should absolutely be making two of these at the same time One mess, two loaves! Now, on to a quick recap of the steps :
- Combine the wet ingredients with the white sugar and the pumpkin pie spice.
- Whisk together the flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt, then mix into the wet mixture.
- Divide the batter between two greased standard loaf pans.
- Bake until a toothpick inserted into the middle comes out clean.
- Cool on a wire rack. Slice to serve.
This is a base recipe that you can feel free to add some things to! I wouldn’t add too much as the batter divides perfectly between two loaf pans but you should have room to add in one of the following:
- one cup of chocolate chips
- one cup of chopped walnuts
- one cup of raisins
Happy baking everyone! I really hope you try this, the flavors are so perfectly home comfort and fall packed into one little slice of heaven!
PIN THIS RECIPE to your DESSERT RECIPES Boards and Remember to FOLLOW ME ON PINTEREST!
Pumpkin Banana Bread
- Prep Time
- 10 minutes
- Cook Time
- 1 hour
- 2 loaves
- Karlynn Johnston
- 1 cup mashed bananas
- 1 1/2 cups pumpkin puree
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup oil
- 2 cups white sugar
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice
- 3 1/2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- Preheat your oven to 350 °F. Grease two standard loaf pans and set aside.
- Mix your banana, pumpkin, eggs, oil, sugar, and pumpkin pie spice in a large bowl.
- In another smaller bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt.
- Add the dry ingredients to the large bowl of wet ingredients and mix until combined - by hand works the best, don't use a mixer with this.
- Divide the batter between the two prepared pans. Tap the pans gently on the counter to release any air bubbles.
- Bake in the oven for 60-75 minutes or until a cake tester or knife inserted comes out clean. Check around the 40-minute mark and if the tops of the loaves are getting too brown, place aluminum foil on top lightly to prevent further browning
- Remove and cool for 10 minutes then remove the loaves from the pan. Place on a baking rack to cool completely.
- Once cooled completely store in an airtight container or wrap in plastic wrap to keep fresh.
- Calories in this a PER LOAF
- This loaf takes its time baking, be patient and bake it until a toothpick inserted comes out clean or it WILL cave!
All calories and info are based on a third party calculator and are only an estimate. Actual nutritional info will vary with brands used, your measuring methods, portion sizes and more.