Bacon cheeseburger meatloaf is a super fun twist on the traditional meatloaf that’s been a family favorite over the years. All the amazing flavor of a bacon cheeseburger is packed into this super filling meatloaf and it is beyond divine! This meatloaf will be perfect with my baked potatoes recipe, twice baked potatoes, or even my crock pot mashed potatoes.
Bacon Cheeseburger Meatloaf
I’m pretty sure almost everyone reading this will have childhood memories of meatloaf dinners at the family dining table. Meatloaf is the ultimate comfort food and it’s pretty much a love it or hate it dish, but if it’s done right you’re far more likely to fall in love with it. And let me tell you something, this bacon cheeseburger variation does it right. If you are looking for another ground beef recipe, I have a list of 42 ground beef recipes!
Seriously, it’s like a gigantic bacon cheeseburger that’s packed full of cheese and bacon. Serve it with my instant pot mashed potatoes and you won’t be able to move after you’ve gobbled it down! It’s so incredibly mouth-watering and delicious you’ll find it hard not to eat the whole thing yourself!
How To Make Bacon Cheeseburger Meatloaf
This unique take on meatloaf is much easier to make than you’d think!
- Start by preheating your oven to 350°F.
- Mix all of your meatloaf ingredients in a large mixing bowl until completely combined.
- Pat the mix into a large loaf pan and place the bacon strips on top.
- Bake for about 60 mins in the oven or until the center of the meatloaf hit 165 degrees.
- Keep an eye on the bacon – if it isn’t crisped at the top it’s not ready. In this case, turn the oven to broil and broil the bacon until it becomes crispy.
- Remove the meatloaf, top it with cheese (let it melt in – yum!), mustard, and ketchup.
- Slice up your tasty bacon cheeseburger meatloaf and serve!
Tips And Tricks For Making Bacon Cheeseburger Meatloaf
- Make sure your meat isn’t too lean or it’ll dry out. A little fat will help it stay moist and flavorful.
- For a special twist, try serving your bacon cheeseburger meatloaf on burger buns!
- If you don’t want to serve it with mashed potatoes, my Simple & Fast Cheesy Mashed Cauliflower is another fab option!
- Do not leave out the Worcestershire Sauce. I repeat, do not leave out the Worcestershire Sauce! This is an absolutely vital part of the recipe and it wouldn’t taste the same without it. And don’t sub in something else either! You’ll thank me later, trust me.
- Make sure you let it rest for about 10 minutes before you serve to make sure it gets nice and moist.
More Ground Beef Recipes
If you have leftovers, you must make my leftover meatloaf quiche for breakfast, this was a surprise hit with the whole family when I made it. If you are wanting to cook with ground beef, try my The Bisquick Impossible Cheeseburger Pie, my Retro Sweet and Sour Meatloaf or this classic favorite meatloaf recipe.
PIN this recipe to your DINNER RECIPES boards and remember to FOLLOW ME ON PINTEREST for more great recipe ideas!
Bacon Cheeseburger Meatloaf
This bacon cheeseburger meatloaf is a cheeseburger without the bun! Great for low carb and keto diets, but also for meatloaf lovers! The pickles are tops!!!!
- Prep Time
- 20 minutes
- Cook Time
- 1 hour
- Main Course
- Karlynn Johnston
- 2 lbs lean ground beef
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 slices thick cut bacon diced
- 1/2 large white onion shredded
- 2 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1-2 tsp seasoning salt
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 cup diced pickles optional but good for pickle lovers!
- 4 slices thick cut bacon whole
- shredded cheese optional at the end
- relish not if making low carb
Pre-heat your oven to 350°F.
In a large mixing bowl, combine all of the meatloaf ingredients until thoroughly mixed.
Pat the ingredients into a large loaf pan.
Place the bacon strips on top of the meatloaf.
Bake in the oven for 50-60 minutes or until the meatloaf reaches 165°F in the center. If the bacon isn't crisped on top, turn the oven to broil and carefully broil the bacon until crispy, then remove.
If desired, top with cheese and let melt, then top with ketchup and mustard. Slice and serve!
Nutrition values don't incude toppings
All calories and info are based on a third party calculator and are only an estimate. Actual nutritional info will vary with brands used, your measuring methods, portion sizes and more.