Need a fast & delicious recipe that uses up your leftover meatloaf? Then this Leftover Meatloaf Quiche Recipe is the one for you! The great thing is that you can make this for breakfast the next day or re-purpose it for a brand new supper the following evening. The choice is up to you, quiche is incredibly versatile. You can use my bacon cheeseburger meatloaf recipe for this as well.
Leftover Meatloaf is the Best
I know, I know, it’s not actually that hard to use up leftover meatloaf, you can throw it between bread and call it a sandwich or simply re-heat it up and eat it as-is. I was camping this past week ( and as you all know by now I am a “glamper”, not a camper) and made a great meatloaf out at the trailer. This Bacon Topped Mozza Meatloaf is a really good one to make because the bacon is fantastic baked into this quiche, but any meatloaf will do.
This recipe uses the Bisquick Impossible Quiche Recipe which is my favourite cheater recipe to make at the lake. You beat the Bisquick into the egg and milk mixture until it’s smooth and then pour it right over your chopped up meat loaf and cheese chunks. I would like to say that I made cheese chunks instead of grated cheese because it’s better, but to be honest I didn’t have a cheese grater out at the lake. The diced cheese was pretty fantastic however!
Tips & Tricks For Making Leftover Meatloaf Quiche
- You can use whatever meatloaf your heart desires! The wonderful thing about a quiche recipe is that all of the ingredients are plain – eggs and milk, basically – which means that you can use all sorts of bold flavours and mix and match! I used old, sharp cheddar because I really wanted something crazy cheesy, but you can use swiss to blue cheese and it will work!
- You can make this low carb by leaving out the Bisquick and make it more of a frittata – and I will be doing that shortly for our low carb recipe website.
- If you want to add vegetables you will have to steam them ahead of time. They will not cook until soft in this quiche (and rarely do in normal quiches). Quickly steam them in the microwave until tender-crisp, drain and add them.
- Make this healthier by making a ground turkey meatloaf!
This will be my new go-to recipe when I make meatloaf this winter, it’s such an easy, fast and delicious way to make an entire meal that doesn’t feel like you are eating leftovers. Those are the best kinds of recipes so that you aren’t getting bored, as some people are just not leftover people – Mr Magpie being one of them. I personally can eat leftovers for a few days happily, but I’ve never been able to get him on the leftovers train.
How about you? Where do you stand on leftovers?
PIN this recipe to your DINNER IDEAS or BREAKFAST RECIPES boards and remember to FOLLOW ME ON PINTEREST for more great recipe ideas!
Leftover Meatloaf Quiche Recipe
- Prep Time
- 10 minutes
- Cook Time
- 35 minutes
- Total Time
- 45 minutes
- Main Course
- Karlynn Johnston
- 2 cups crumbled leftover cooked meatloaf
- 1 Cup cheddar cheese diced
- 2 Cups milk
- 1 Cup Bisquick
- 4 Eggs
- 1/2 Teaspoon salt
- 1/8 Teaspoon ground black pepper
- Preheat your oven to 400 °F.
- Lightly grease a deep dish 10-inch pie plate OR use a seasoned cast iron skillet.
- Sprinkle the crumbled meatloaf and cheese evenly over the bottom of the pie plate.
- Beat the eggs with the salt and pepper.
- In a medium bowl, pour in the milk and then add in the Bisquick and beat until smooth - it must be smooth to work! A whisk works great! Once smooth, add in the eggs and combine again.
- Pour the liquid mix over the ingredients in the pie plate.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the quiche comes out clean.
- Let cool on a wire rack for 15 minutes.
- Slice and serve!
All calories and info are based on a third party calculator and are only an estimate. Actual nutritional info will vary with brands used, your measuring methods, portion sizes and more.