The Bisquick quiche recipe is simply the easiest and best quiche ever!
I no longer bother making one with a crust and actually prefer this one. The Bisquick quiche recipe is meant for moms ( and dads!) on the run that need a quick yet healthy quiche recipe.
The Trusted Classic Bisquick Quiche
The Bisquick Impossible Quiche Recipe was almost certainly a Bisquick recipe on a box at one point, but I learned it from my mom and it is scribbled on the inside of my huge master cookbook that my grandmother gave me about 15 years ago. This quiche tastes like my childhood. I can't count the number of times that my Mom or my Grandma made this quiche. The The Bisquick Impossible Quiche Recipe was THE quiche recipe of the 1960's, with all the “convenience” recipes coming into style back then. Unlike most however, this is one that I truly love. I can do without a lot of pre-packed ingredient meals from that era, but not the Bisquick Impossible Quiche.
Sometimes, you just need the flavour of your childhood, and this would be it for me!
Do I need to make a crust for the quiche?
No, this is why the Bisquick quiche recipe is so popular. The ingredients are all mixed together but magically a crust made from the Bisquick settles into the bottom of the pan. Let's be honest, it's not as good as a real pie pastry crust, but who has time for that? Not me! This is a quick and easy way to whip up a quiche for breakfast or dinner and have it on the table in no time at all.
Tips & Tricks for Bisquick Quiche
- You can add in whatever you like to this recipe. The original one calls for ham or bacon and Swiss cheese, which is what my mom used to make all the time.
- Make this an easy vegetarian recipe as well, just use your favorite vegetables in this dish instead of the bacon or ham.
- Make sure that you let it cool down. The quiche will fall apart if you serve it too soon. Let it cool and rest out of the oven for a while.
- You can double this recipe and bake it in a 9×13 pan, which is something my mom would do for large crowds. Quiche squares are just as delicious as the pie shape!
Who else remembers the Bisquick Impossible Quiche? Boy oh boy, it was QUITE the thing back in the day!
Here are some other breakfast recipes for you:
- Swiss Mushroom Asparagus Quiche
- Leftover Cinnamon Rolls Breakfast Casserole
- Sausage and Peppers Overnight Breakfast Strata
- Double Cheese Overnight Hashbrown Casserole
The Bisquick impossible quiche recipe is simply the easiest and best quiche ever! I no longer bother making one with a crust and actually prefer this one.
- 12 slices of bacon cooked, drained, and crumbled
- 1 Cup Swiss cheese shredded (about 4 ounces)
- 1/3 Cup onion diced
- 2 Cups milk
- 1 Cup Bisquick
- 4 Eggs
- 1/2 Teaspoon salt
- 1/8 Teaspoon ground black pepper
- Preheat your oven to 400 °F.
- Lightly grease a 10-inch pie plate.
- Sprinkle the crumbled bacon, shredded cheese, and diced onion evenly over the bottom of the pie plate.
- Beat the eggs with the salt and pepper, then stir in the milk.
- Add in the Bisquick and beat until smooth - it must be smooth to work!
- Pour the liquid mix over the ingredients in the pie plate.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the quiche comes out clean.
- Let cool on a wire rack for 15 minutes.
- Slice and serve!
You can play around with the ingredients as needed! Sub in cheddar cheese for the Swiss or add vegetables instead of bacon.