If you are a longtime reader (or heck, even a new reader) of this site, you will know by now that I love using canned soup in recipes. I have also been known to eat mushroom soup from the can. Yah, I admit it; I love that stuff and it does have to be ONLY Campbell’s Mushroom soup, no other will do.
So when an opportunity came up to be a Campbell’s Ambassador and cook with their soup for the next six months, you can guess how fast I said YES, please and thank you!
I am going to be short on cooking time this coming year, thanks to my first cookbook being in the works. I am going to be baking all day long and I am sure that my cooking is going to fall to the wayside. So this ambassadorship is so absolutely perfect at this point in my life that I could weep with exhausted-working-on-my-cookbook joy.
I am SO in for easy meals for dinner time because that’s all I am going to have time for during the next year.
My recipe today came straight from the Cook With Campbell’s website which is full of easy recipes and come to mention it, their motto Simple To Make. Easy to Love pretty much fits the bill.
We also need easy because Mr K is learning to cook and I mean COOK. Not just scrambled eggs, this boy is in the kitchen prepping, chopping and generally learning kitchen skills.
He looks so impressed with me, doesn’t he?
Now I (Mr K, aqctually) chopped the onion and added seasoning to the top, but other than that, the recipe is true to form.
Most important of all, the entire family ate it. I was shocked. I actually convince The Rose to eat it by telling her it was exactly like spaghetti ground beef, except baked into a pan. She bought it, hook, line and sinker and ate everything except the soup on top, of course.
It was even better cold the next day. Anyone else a cold meatload fan? In a sandwich? Oh..yum!
So every three weeks or so I will be featuring a new Campbell’s recipe and I am seriously so excited to be part of this! I’m just waiting for my mushroom soup recipe!
- 1 1/2 lb ground beef 680 g
- 1 mL can CAMPBELL’SÂ® Condensed Tomato Basil and Oregano Soup 284
- 1/2 cup onion grated, 125 mL
- 1/2 cup dry breadcrumbs 125 mL
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese grated, 125 mL
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 tsp black pepper ground, 3 mL
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- Preheat oven to 325Â°F (160Â°C). Combine beef, 1/2 can of soup, onion, breadcrumbs, parmesan, eggs, black pepper, and garlic.
- Transfer to a nonstick 9×5 inch (2 L) loaf pan. Spread remaining soup over top. Sprinkle with Italian seasoning if wanted.
- Bake for 60 minutes or until instant read thermometer registers 165Â°F (74Â°C) when inserted into the center of the meatloaf. Let stand for 5 minutes before serving.
Nutritional information is only an estimate. Actual nutritional numbers will vary due to cooking methods, your ingredient measurements and brands of products used.
“Disclosure: I am part of the Campbell Company of Canada Ambassador program with Mom Central Canada and I receive special perks as part of my affiliation with this group. The opinions on this blog are my own.”