Oh, it's Saskatoon season folks!! My favorite time of year! While they aren't quite ready in my neck of the woods, I sure have been hearing from you all through email and messages how you are making pies!
This is also the time of year everyone is reading my Old Fashioned Saskatoon Pie recipe, so make sure to take a peek at it!
Mmmm, there is nothing better than a fresh Saskatoon berry pie! I'll be baking one up as soon as I get out picking berries!
These muffins combine my love of Saskatoons and white chocolate together, which in my opinion, is the best combination for Saskatoon berries. They are perfect with white chocolate – and I am a dark chocolate kinda gal.
Hmm. Perhaps there's a dark chocolate and Saskatoon recipe coming soon… These are a perfect way to enjoy the bounty of Saskatoon berries that we enjoy this time of year! Other than fresh, of course..with cream and sugar. Oh, is that a taste of my childhood right there!
So who is heading out to pick Saskatoons? There are a ton of UPicks around if you don't want to traipse through the woods to forage your own and I suggest you pick a weekend and get out there! I always try to stock up my freezer for the year and of course, make some Saskatoon jam!
Happy Baking everyone!
PIN THIS RECIPE to your MUFFIN RECIPES Boards and Remember to FOLLOW ME ON PINTEREST!
Thanks to ads on this website, readers of The Kitchen Magpie are now sponsoring 2 families a month through the Edmonton Food Bank. Learn how you can help here.
Subscribe to The Kitchen Magpie on YouTube
One click and you'll get notified of new videos added to our YouTube account!Subscribe on YouTube
White Chocolate Saskatoon Muffins
- Prep Time
- 10 minutes
- Cook Time
- 20 minutes
- Karlynn Johnston
- 13/4 Cup All purpose flour
- 3 teaspoons Baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 Cup Granulated sugar
- 1/4 Cup melted butter
- 1 Egg
- 3/4 Cup Milk
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla
- 1 cup Saskatoon Berries
- 1/2 cup of white chocolate chips
- Pre-heat your oven to 400 degrees.
- In a large bowl whisk together the dry ingredients.
- Combine the milk. beaten egg, vanilla and butter in a small bowl.
- Pour the liquid into the dry ingredients and mix until just combined.
- Stir in the Saskatoons and white chocolate chips gently.
- Divide the batter between 12 lined muffin tins. See How To Make Perfect Dome Topped Muffins.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 20-25 minutes, until browned on top.
- Cool on wire rack.
All calories and info are based on a third party calculator and are only an estimate. Actual nutritional info will vary with brands used, your measuring methods, portion sizes and more.