Nothing tastes like a pineapple mango margarita! Pineapples and mangoes make for excellent summer flavours and when combined, they make a light, fruity cocktail for those hot days when you need something cool to sip on.
This Pineapple Mango Margarita is super simple to make for outdoor barbecues with friends, family gatherings or just for those days when you want a simple cocktail for sipping.
Do I Use Fresh or Frozen Mangoes?
You can use either fresh or frozen mangoes for this recipe! Frozen mangoes are cheaper during certain times of the year, but when fresh mangoes go on sale by the case ( that happens during the summer even here in Edmonton) then fresh is the way to go! I used frozen fruit in my recipe because it helps make the margarita cold as well when everything you use is frozen.
How to Use a Blender for Making Margaritas
Margaritas can be on the rocks ( the drink over ice cubes) or blended (done in a blender so that the ice is crushed into the drink.) For this mango margarita recipe you are going to use a blender to make them, as the rich pineapple and mango need to be diluted a bit with some ice. You simply puree the ingredients and then add a handful of ice at the end, letting your blender do all the work.
Tips and Tricks for Making Mango Margaritas
- To make an all mango margarita. simply replace the pineapple with mango super easy.
- For these particular drinks, I recommend using frozen fruit because, frankly, it’s more reasonably priced, easy to find and helps cool the drink without watering it down. If you prefer to use fresh fruit, by all means please do.
- You’ll need a bag of frozen mango chunks, a bag of frozen pineapple, simple syrup or agave nectar, fresh lemon juice, fresh lime juice and some ice cubes (oh and if you have pretty glasses like these ones from my vintage bar ware collection, pull them out too!).
- If you like salt, you can salt the glass rim on these.
More Great Cocktail Recipes to Try
- Cosmopolitan – This classic is another summertime favourite!
- Singapore Sling – Fruity and a crazy popular vintage cocktail
- Harvey Wallbanger – It doesn’t get more simple than this retro drink!
- Slow Gin Fizz – This light cocktail is meant for summer sipping.
PIN THIS RECIPE to your COCKTAIL RECIPES Boards and Remember to FOLLOW ME ON PINTEREST!
Thanks to ads on this website, readers of The Kitchen Magpie are now sponsoring 2 families a month through the Edmonton Food Bank. Learn how you can help here.
Learn to cook like the Kitchen Magpie
Flapper Pie and a Blue Prairie Sky
A Modern Baker’s Guide to Old-Fashioned Desserts
The Prairie Table
Suppers, Potlucks & Socials: Crowd-Pleasing Recipes to Bring People Together
Subscribe to The Kitchen Magpie on YouTube
One click and you'll get notified of new videos added to our YouTube account!Subscribe on YouTube
Pineapple Mango Margarita
- Prep Time
- 5 minutes
- Total Time
- 5 minutes
- Karlynn Johnston
- 1.5 cups of frozen Mango Chunks
- 1.5 cups of frozen Pineapple Chunks
- 8 ounces of Tequila
- 2 tablespoons of Simple Syrup or agave nectar if you have it
- 1 ounce of fresh lemon juice
- 1 ounce of fresh lime juice
- 1 handful of ice cubes
- Add all of the ingredients (except the ice) to your blender.
- Blend on high speed until smooth for 1 minute.
- Taste a small amount and if you feel it needs to be sweeter or more tart, adjust by adding more simple syrup or lemon / lime juice as needed.
- Now add in your ice and blend again until smooth.
- Add into a small pitcher or four cups and serve! Enjoy!
All calories and info are based on a third party calculator and are only an estimate. Actual nutritional info will vary with brands used, your measuring methods, portion sizes and more.
Made this recipe?
Share a photo of what you made on Instagram or Facebook and tag me @thekitchenmagpie or hashtag it #thekitchenmagpie.
Please rate this recipe in the comments below to help out your fellow cooks!
Comments & Recipe Tips Share a tip or comment!
lynne M says
Betty S says
Planning a party soon, so will definetly use this recipe
This was delicious! Thank you for sharing the recip!
Nancy J Montgomery says
Gregory Mroczek says
This looks delicious
Looks so delicious ???? especially in this warm weather!
Darren Scrubb says
Two thumbs up
lisa charles says
This is a great recipe !!!
I’ll definitely need to try this recipe. Sounds delicious
Tara Betterley says
What an awesome recipe. This blender would make my strawberry diqs so much easier to make!
Tracy D says
Mango is my favourite summer treat , I’ll be trying the margaritas!
I am definitely looking forward to trying it.
These are great, thank you!
Love the combination of Pineapple and Mango!
just in time for summer!!!
This looks like a great recipe !
that margarita looks delicious
This pineapple mango margarita drink sounds delicious and perfect for hot summer days or nights.
Yum! I would love to try this recipe! Love Mangos!
This recipe sounds so good.
Catherine R says
That Pineapple Mango Margarita sounds so delicious.
Tis the season to make margaritas. If my blender breaks from over usage I need a back up!
This recipe looks delicious! Perfect for a Summer day or night 🙂
I love the pineapple mango combination, but I think mango goes with everything.
Thanks for the awesome recipe
This would be wonderful with all the fresh fruit that is available
wendy hutton says
this blender would be great to have, I don’t have one and I would love to try these recipes
This was the perfect girls weekend drink, thank you!
I amde all mango and it was awesome, thanks