Nothing tastes like a pineapple mango margarita! Pineapples and mangoes make for excellent summer flavours and when combined, they make a light, fruity cocktail for those hot days when you need something cool to sip on.
This Pineapple Mango Margarita is super simple to make for outdoor barbecues with friends, family gatherings or just for those days when you want a simple cocktail for sipping.
Do I Use Fresh or Frozen Mangoes?
You can use either fresh or frozen mangoes for this recipe! Frozen mangoes are cheaper during certain times of the year, but when fresh mangoes go on sale by the case ( that happens during the summer even here in Edmonton) then fresh is the way to go! I used frozen fruit in my recipe because it helps make the margarita cold as well when everything you use is frozen.
How to Use a Blender for Making Margaritas
Margaritas can be on the rocks ( the drink over ice cubes) or blended (done in a blender so that the ice is crushed into the drink.) For this mango margarita recipe you are going to use a blender to make them, as the rich pineapple and mango need to be diluted a bit with some ice. You simply puree the ingredients and then add a handful of ice at the end, letting your blender do all the work.
Tips and Tricks for Making Mango Margaritas
- To make an all mango margarita. simply replace the pineapple with mango super easy.
- For these particular drinks, I recommend using frozen fruit because, frankly, it’s more reasonably priced, easy to find and helps cool the drink without watering it down. If you prefer to use fresh fruit, by all means please do.
- You’ll need a bag of frozen mango chunks, a bag of frozen pineapple, simple syrup or agave nectar, fresh lemon juice, fresh lime juice and some ice cubes (oh and if you have pretty glasses like these ones from my vintage bar ware collection, pull them out too!).
- If you like salt, you can salt the glass rim on these.
More Great Cocktail Recipes to Try
- Cosmopolitan – This classic is another summertime favourite!
- Singapore Sling – Fruity and a crazy popular vintage cocktail
- Harvey Wallbanger – It doesn’t get more simple than this retro drink!
- Slow Gin Fizz – This light cocktail is meant for summer sipping.
PIN THIS RECIPE to your COCKTAIL RECIPES Boards and Remember to FOLLOW ME ON PINTEREST!
Thanks to ads on this website, readers of The Kitchen Magpie are now sponsoring 2 families a month through the Edmonton Food Bank. Learn how you can help here.
Subscribe to The Kitchen Magpie on YouTube
One click and you'll get notified of new videos added to our YouTube account!Subscribe on YouTube
Pineapple Mango Margarita
- Prep Time
- 5 minutes
- Total Time
- 5 minutes
- Karlynn Johnston
- 1.5 cups of frozen Mango Chunks
- 1.5 cups of frozen Pineapple Chunks
- 8 ounces of Tequila
- 2 tablespoons of Simple Syrup or agave nectar if you have it
- 1 ounce of fresh lemon juice
- 1 ounce of fresh lime juice
- 1 handful of ice cubes
- Add all of the ingredients (except the ice) to your blender.
- Blend on high speed until smooth for 1 minute.
- Taste a small amount and if you feel it needs to be sweeter or more tart, adjust by adding more simple syrup or lemon / lime juice as needed.
- Now add in your ice and blend again until smooth.
- Add into a small pitcher or four cups and serve! Enjoy!
All calories and info are based on a third party calculator and are only an estimate. Actual nutritional info will vary with brands used, your measuring methods, portion sizes and more.