The cosmopolitan cocktail drink is one of the most popular cocktails in the world. Made in a martini glass and comprised of Vodka, Cointreau, lime juice and cranberry, it’s also incredibly easy to make.
How to make a good Cosmopolitan
Preparing a good cosmopolitan is as easy as :
- combining the four ingredients in a Boston Shaker with ice
- shake until the shaker is cold to the touch on the outside
- pour into a regular sized martini glass.
Cosmopolitan Cocktail Drink Video
Here’s a quick video we put together to show you how easy it is to make a Cosmopolitan. It also happens to be one of Mrs. Magpie’s favourite drinks so she tends to steal them on me but hey, what good’s a drink if nobody likes it?
Mike’s Tip and Tricks for the Perfect Cosmopolitan Cocktail Drink
- As I mentioned earlier, you can substitute Vodka Citron in for the vodka in this recipe if you want to add a lemon flavor to the drink. There are also plenty of other flavored vodka’s out there so feel free to experiment.
- Use a Boston Shaker to combine the ingredients and get everything nice and cold, it’s much better than mixing things with a bar spoon. You can pick up a Boston Shaker from Amazon below if you like:
Products from Amazon.com
- For garnishes, use oranges, limes or cranberries. I like to combine my garnishes like I did in this shot to make things a bit prettier but you can see another alternative within our video as well.
- Avoid using ice in the drink as, for most martini style drinks that aren’t frozen, it should be made ice free.
Are Triple Sec and Cointreau the same thing?
You’ll often see recipes mention Triple Sec for this drink but Cointreau is what I am using here. There’s no difference between them. Cointreau is simply a brand of Triple Sec made in Saint-Barthélemy-d’Anjou, France
There are some variations of the drink that use Vodka Citron (lemon flavored) as opposed to normal vodka but that is up to your personal preference since Vodka Citron can sometimes be a hard item to find in your local liquor store.
Other great Vodka Recipes to try:
- The Blue Lagoon Cocktail Drink
- The Vodka Melon Ball Cocktail
- Sex on the Beach Cocktail
- Greyhound Cocktail Recipe
- How to Make a Sea Breeze Cocktail
- Raspberry Cordial Vodka Martini
Hope you like it! Safe drinking!
If you’ve tried this drink and enjoyed it, please help spread the word and share this post with your friends and family.
Pin This Recipe To Your Cocktails Board and Remember to FOLLOW ME ON PINTEREST!
The cosmopolitan cocktail drink is one of the most popular cocktails in the world. Made in a martini glass and comprised of Vodka, Cointreau, lime juice and cranberry, it's also incredibly easy to make.
- 1/2 ounce lime juice fresh
- 1 ounce cranberry juice
- 1/2 ounce Cointreau (or another brand of Triple Sec)
- 1 1/2 ounces Vodka (or Vodka Citron)
- Add all ingredients into cocktail shaker filled with ice.
- Shake well and double strain into large cocktail glass.
- Garnish with lime wheel.
You can also use a cranberry on a skewer as a garnish if desired.