A Harvey Wallbanger is a popular cocktail that was invented in 1952 according to some sources. This vodka and orange juice based drink is super easy to make.
How to Make a Harvey Wallbanger
The best thing about the Harvey Wallbanger is the hint of vanilla with the orange. To make this cocktail is super easy and takes only a minute or two.
Ingredients in a Harvey Wallbanger
You will need the following three ingredients to make the Harvey Wallbanger:
- Oranges (or orange juice)
Mixing the Cocktail
- To make this cocktail, simply squeeze the orange of approximately two oranges into a Boston Shaker (or similar cocktail shaker) with a couple of ice cubes.. Sometimes, I also squeeze that juice of a small nectarine as well for an extra bit of flavour.
- You will then add in two ounces of vodka and 1 ounce of Galliano (which is a vanilla liqueur). Give it a shake until the shaker is cold to the touch.
- Pour into a cocktail glass and garnish with an orange slice / swizzle stick or other decorations. Serve with or without ice.
What Does Galliano Taste Like?
Galliano tastes like vanilla with a hint of anise to it, so basically a Harvey Wallbanger tastes like a vanilla screwdriver drink!
The glasses you see above are vintage rooster glasses that I picked up on an antiquing trip and are part of my vintage bar ware collection. You can see more of my glasses (and cocktails) on my Instagram @mrkitchenmagpie.
Some other drinks you may enjoy:
- Sex on the Beach Cocktail
- How to Make a Cosmopolitan Cocktail Drink
- Maple Whiskey Mojito (The Sortilege Mojito)
Thanks and I hope you like it!
PIN THIS RECIPE to your COCKTAIL RECIPES Boards and Remember to FOLLOW ME ON PINTEREST!
A Harvey Wallbanger is a popular cocktail that was invented in 1952 according to some sources. This drink is a very popular one in bars around the world and is super easy to make.
- Prep Time
- 5 minutes
- Total Time
- 5 minutes
- Karlynn Johnston
- 2 oz vodka
- 1 oz Galliano vanilla liqueur
- 2 oranges
Take the oranges and squeeze them with a juicer into a Boston Shaker or similar cocktail shaker with ice.
Add the vodka and Galliano to the shaker as well.
Shake until cold to the touch.
Pour into glass, garnish with orange slice and serve.
You can also use orange juice if desired.
All calories and info are based on a third party calculator and are only an estimate. Actual nutritional info will vary with brands used, your measuring methods, portion sizes and more.