Deep, dark, decadent mint chocolate chip cookies have been on my list to make for a while now, but can I tell you a secret? I am so picky when it comes to mint chocolate. I adore it so, SO much that I simply cannot bear poor quality chocolate that is mint flavored. Mint and chocolate is my favorite combination so I simply can’t be let down taste-wise or I get cranky.
Mint Chocolate Chip Cookies
The green mint chocolate chips weird me out a little as I haven’t found a brand that I like. I’m not really into colored chocolate, I like real chocolate (we can argue later whether or not white chocolate is a real chocolate and we can argue about coloring later. Set the date.) The green chocolate chips haven’t been on my wish list to use as I just haven’t been inspired by any of the choices out there for mint chocolate chips.
I found President’s Choice mint chocolate chips at Superstore. Thank you PC. God bless. On a side note, PC, if you stop making these….
Let’s just not go there. I’m scared they will disappear after Christmas. I’m thinking of emailing Galen Weston right now and asking him to ship me a crate. Think he’ll go for it?
I am 100% adamant in the fact that I think the PC ” The Decadent” chocolate chips are some of the absolute best tasting out there, so when I saw a mint version I jumped for joy! Divine. Decadent. Delicious. Dreamy. Finally I made my mint chocolate chip cookies with great tasting mint chocolate chips. No settling for second best here folks. You can eat the PC mint chocolate chips by themselves as a treat. Not uh..that I’ve eaten them by themselves. Not me. Newp.
Oh phht, of course I have.
These are fabulous. I am so very happy with the way this recipe turned out. No mint flavoring in the batter- I like pure chocolate surrounding my mint chips- and mint chocolate chips that punch you in the mouth with amazing flavor.
Tips & Tricks For Mint Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Always under bake your cookies for the softest, chewiest cookies ever!
- This recipe will work just fine with any type of mint chocolate chips, even the green ones!
- If you want extra minty cookies, you can add 1/4 tsp mint extract.
If you are wanting some other great cookie recipes, try these:
- Copycat DoubleTee Tree Hotel Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Walnut Loaded Chunky Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Perfectly Chewy, Ice Cream Sandwich Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Oreo Chocolate Pudding Cookies
Now.There has also been another concept circling my brain for a long time now that resulted in another concoction finally reaching fruition here in my kitchen. I don’t like throwing recipes up on my site just to have them there, they have to be ones I myself would serve to family and friends.If you know me, you’ll know what I did.It always involves making things more evil.
Tomorrow shall involve evil off all sorts. ( Pssst – the evil was these Double Mint Stuffed Chocolate Chip Cookies!)
Cackling An Evil Laugh Magpie
Pin This To Your Cookies or Chocolate Recipes Boards!
Mint Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Prep Time
- 6 minutes
- Cook Time
- 10 minutes
- chocolate chip cookie, Christmas Cookies, Dessert
- Karlynn Johnston
- 1 cup of butter
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 2 cups of flour
- 2/3 cup of cocoa
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp of salt
- one 12-13 oz package of Mint Chocolate Chips
- Kick the tires and light the fires and pre-heat your oven to 350 degrees. F.
- Whisk together the dry ingredients, making sure that the cocoa isn't lumpy and is well mixed in.In your mixing bowl, cream together the butter and sugars until it's wonderfully light-colored and fluffy.
- Then add in your eggs, one at time, beating them in completely and toss in the vanilla as well.When the vanilla has been mixed in, slowly add in the dry mixture little by little, until it has all been added and mixed in thoroughly.
- Using the mixer on the lowest speed setting, add in the whole bag of chocolate chips and mix until they are just evenly through the wonderful chocolate dough goodness in the bowl.
- Drop by rounded teaspoonful onto ungreased or parchment lined cookie sheets.Bake in the 350 degree oven that you have preheated, of course, for 9-10 minutes.
- Remember that the key to wonderful cookies is just under baking them by a minute or so and this is especially important with these cookies as the cocoa can dry things out. After a minute of so of cooling on the sheets, remove the cookies onto a rack to cool.
Nutritional values may vary.
All calories and info are based on a third party calculator and are only an estimate. Actual nutritional info will vary with brands used, your measuring methods, portion sizes and more.