So this recipe can go one of two ways.
One: You heat up the chocolate chip cookies in the microwave, throw one in the bottom of a bowl, top with some ice cream and then place the other hot cookie on top. Eat by spoonful of seriously flippin’ amazing gooey, warm-but-cold-at-the-same-time deliciousness.
Two: Place ice cream between two cookies, eat as a sandwich.
Wait, wait wait.
Three: Do both one and two.
Now I made the hot ice cream cookie sandwiches in a bowl and seriously you guys? Oh em gee. Soooo good. I have a thing for hot cookies with cold ice cream. You have to hide the cookies and the ice cream or I’ll eat them all. There’s a reason we seriously don’t have ice cream in the house unless I know I’m having company that will eat it all.
(So if you come over and I have ice cream, that means I know you’re a glutton. Just kidding! Sorta…)
My family was here and since I knew that I was making a birthday cake the next day, I wanted a quick little dessert that wasn’t too heavy or too complicated to make. This was perfect.
The secret to making a really chewy cookie ( which is a must for any ice cream sandwich) is to add a tablespoon of molasses to the batter and then make sure to under bake them as well.
They turn out so perfect, so decadent…
You can use whatever ice cream you want, we bought a brown sugar marble vanilla ice cream that was absolutely to die for when it was paired with cookies.
Happy baking everyone! You must make sure to have some delicious ice cream sandwiches before the summer is over! Not that winter ever stopped me from making these, let’s be frank, they are delicious year round!
PIN THIS RECIPE to your DESSERT RECIPES Boards and Remember to FOLLOW ME ON PINTEREST!
Perfectly Chewy, Ice Cream Sandwich Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe
- Prep Time
- 10 minutes
- Cook Time
- 11 minutes
- Total Time
- 21 minutes
- Karlynn Johnston
- 2 1/4 cups of all purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup of butter
- 1 cup of packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup of granulated sugar
- 1 tbsp fancy molasses
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups of chocolate chips
- Whisk together dry ingredients in a medium sized bowl and set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, cream the butter and sugars together completely with a stand mixer paddle attachment or beaters, until light brown and airy.
- After creaming together your butter and sugar, beat in the two eggs and vanilla; add in the tablespoon of molasses.
- After the molasses is completely mixed in, add the dry ingredients all at once and mix slowly but thoroughly.
- Add in the chocolate chips and mix by hand until they are mixed through the batter evenly.
- Roll (yes the batter is stick!y!) into golf ball sized cookies and place onto parchment lined cookie sheets. Press down slightly.
- Bake in a 350 degree oven for 10-11 minutes, until they are just browned and slightly under baked. If you over bake, they won't be chewy!
- Cool on sheets completely.
- Use to make ice cream sandwiches or serve hot with ice cream in a bowl.
All calories and info are based on a third party calculator and are only an estimate. Actual nutritional info will vary with brands used, your measuring methods, portion sizes and more.