Just when I think I couldn’t love a soup more than my Classic Beef and Tomato Macaroni Soup, I turned around and made an Italian Turkey version.
I honestly don’t know which one I love more now. The original beef and tomato macaroni soup is so darn homey-comfort food-amazing that it still is in my Top 5 soups of all time and will most likely never leave those ranks. This soup however, is a nice new taste, lighter thanks to the turkey and if you used whole wheat macaroni? I would consider this almost entirely guilt free, I kid you not.
Lean turkey, spices, whole wheat noodles and tomatoes? Winner winner healthy turkey soup for dinner!
Did I mention that everyone ate this? Even my daughter? Oh, parents of picky eaters, hang in there. The dawn of a new era of eating is coming, it only takes close to a decade, but your kids will start eating other foods. My daughter loves turkey and chicken, tomatoes and noodles, so it was a relatively easy job to convince her to try it. Once she did, she ate the entire bowl.
This is also the perfect soup to warm your soul and belly at the end of a miserable winter day. Or even the end of a sunny Phoenix day for me. There’s just something about a tomato and macaroni soup that just can’t be beat!
Happy Cooking everyone!
Love you more than chocolate,
Don’t forget to PIN THIS RECIPE to your SOUP board and remember to FOLLOW ME ON PINTEREST!
Italian Turkey Macaroni Soup
- Prep Time
- 15 minutes
- Cook Time
- 8 hours
- Total Time
- 8 hours 15 minutes
- Karlynn Johnston
- 1 pound one ground turkey
- 1/2 white onion diced
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 1 28 oz one can of diced tomatoes
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 4 cups of strong chicken broth
- 1 1/2 Tbsp Italian seasoning
- 1 cup uncooked macaroni noodles
- Fry the turkey in a skillet until browned and no pink remains. Drain and place into a crockpot.
- Fry the onions until translucent; add the garlic and cook for 2-3 minutes until browned. Add to crockpot.
- Combine the rest of the ingredients (excepting the macaroni) in the crockpot.
- Cook on low for 6-8 hours.
- Around 30-45 minutes before serving, add in the macaroni. Cook in crockpot until tender.
- Serve and enjoy.
All calories and info are based on a third party calculator and are only an estimate. Actual nutritional info will vary with brands used, your measuring methods, portion sizes and more.