An easy but delicious pull-apart loaf while camping has been on my list to make for while now and I finally got around to it this last time camping. While I did make it camping, this is definitely something that you can make at home in the oven or, if you don’t want to heat up your house, on your BBQ.
It’s so easy to make, yet so flipping delicious. I mean, come on, white bread carbs, cheese and bacon?
I just giggled.
It was so…freaking…good.
To be clear, we ate chicken breast with this and veggies, to balance the fact that this is a crazy decadent bread. I just didn’t take pictures of it.
Really, it happened, I swear. I didn’t eat half a loaf for supper…even though I might have been sorely tempted.
This is definitely something you need to save in your back pocket when you are looking for a quick, easy and crowd pleasin’ recipe. A BBQ or a dinner with friends, this is definitely a winner!
A few ideas I had with this…
- Mix in 1-2 tsp garlic powder into the butter. Oooo yah, baby. Garlic bread!
- Leave out the bacon and add in some green onions for a fabulous vegetarian version. Plus garlic.
- Make sure that you put ingredients in each slice. That way, it’s a super-duper, fully saturated loaf that doesn’t have any “plain” areas. You know what I mean. Those areas that didn’t get any filling and just make you sad. Those areas.
- Use your imagination!
The very best part of this is that you can do it on the BBQ at home and not heat up your house. Well, and that there is bacon.
Bacon for the win!
So, what would you put in this loaf?
Thanks for stopping in everyone! Love you more than chocolate AND bacon!
Don’t forget to PIN THIS RECIPE to your CAMPING RECIPES board and remember to FOLLOW ME ON PINTEREST!
Bacon & Cheese Pull Apart Loaf
- Prep Time
- 5 minutes
- Cook Time
- 25 minutes
- Karlynn Johnston
- 1 loaf Italian bread 10 to 12 inches
- 5-6 tablespoons butter or margarine softened
- 12 pieces cheese marble was great old cheddar would be delicious!
- 12 slices cooked bacon
- 2 tablespoons Dijon Mustard optional
- Pre-heat your BBQ, grill or oven to 375. (you can also do this on the campfire!)
- Get a large rectangle of tinfoil ready.
- Without cutting all the way through, cut the loaf of bread into 12 equal slices, cutting to within 1/4 inch of bottom.
- Butter each slice in the bread ( and add mustard if wanted)
- Tuck a piece of cheese and a piece of bacon into each slice. (you want more cheese? Go ahead!)
- Place the loaf on the center of foil. Seal the edges, making sure to allow space for heat circulation and expansion.
- Place foil-wrapped loaf on grill over medium heat. Cover grill; cook 20 to 25 minutes or until cheese is melted and loaf is hot.
- To serve, open the packet carefully to allow steam to escape first, then proceed to serve.
All calories and info are based on a third party calculator and are only an estimate. Actual nutritional info will vary with brands used, your measuring methods, portion sizes and more.
Learn to cook like the Kitchen Magpie