Well I can truly say these French toast rolls were a smash hit with the crew at Breakfast Television here in Edmonton this morning and for good reason.I mean, it’s Nutella and Strawberries. Right there, it’s a winner. When you add in the fact that they are easy, fast and anyone can make them?
Winner winner Nutella for dinner! Now, make sure to check out the other recipe that was featured on Breakfast Television, my Oreo Chocolate Pudding Cookies. Oh. My. Word. Those are another sweet tooth delight!
PIN THIS RECIPE to your DESSERT RECIPES Boards and Remember to FOLLOW ME ON PINTEREST!
I had mentioned on TV that you could make a healthier version of these, but because the theme today was “Cheating in the Kitchen” well, I went all out on these babies. White bread, Nutella, butter…yes, Hello cheating. Happy cooking everyone!
Love you more than Nutella,
Thanks to ads on this website, readers of The Kitchen Magpie are now sponsoring 2 families a month through the Edmonton Food Bank. Learn how you can help here.
Strawberry Nutella French Toast Rolls
- Prep Time
- 15 minutes
- Cook Time
- 5 minutes
- Total Time
- 20 minutes
- Karlynn Johnston
- 12 slices white sandwich bread - square shaped is best!
- pieces sliced strawberries small
- 2 eggs
- 3 tbsp milk
- dash of vanilla
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- butter for the frying pan
- Remove the crust from the bread.
- Using a rolling pin, flatten out each piece of bread.
- Spread the Nutella onto the bread. Place a few pieces of strawberries on top.
- Roll the bread up tightly and place seam side down while you are making the rest.
- Whisk the eggs, milk and vanilla together in a shallow bowl or small pan.
- Combine the sugar with the cinnamon on a small plate.
- Heat a skillet set over medium heat and melt 2 tbsp of butter.
- Take each roll and dip into the egg mixture, coating completely.
- Place them in the pan seam side down.
- Cook until golden brown, making sure to turn them so they brown on all sides.
- Remove the fully cooked rolls from the frying pan and place immediately into the cinnamon sugar and roll until completely covered in sugar.
- Serve plain, with syrup or my brown sugar sauce.
All calories and info are based on a third party calculator and are only an estimate. Actual nutritional info will vary with brands used, your measuring methods, portion sizes and more.