The food muses were in full force with this recipe and I’m glad they were circling above my head inspiring me when I came up with these. These bacon cheddar waffles biscuits are seriously some amazing snackage. They are, as the title would indicate, actually biscuits done in the waffle iron. I used biscuit dough and simply cooked them in the waffle iron until they were crispy brown and delicious.
I wasn’t sure if they were going to work out, biscuits are inherently large, in charge and thick, fluffy goodness. I didn’t want bacon cheddar waffles – those will be coming soon I am sure- I actually wanted a biscuit texture. Something you could pick up with your hand, bite into and know it’s a biscuit, not a waffle.
I simply took my go-to biscuit recipe and added in bacon.
These were disappearing from the plate faster than I could make them, the kids and Mike were topping them with butter hot from the iron. Oh my word, they are delicious.
If you are looking for an easy recipe to fool around with this weekend, why not give these a whirl? Speaking of weekends, what is everyone up to this long weekend?
I hesitate to say it… but I think we will actually get out ice fishing tomorrow…for the first time this year. Oh, have I been yearning to get out on the ice and while we haven’t been out due to travelling – thus I can’t complain- I am seriously missing my fishing.
Hopefully there will be some new fish pictures to post soon!
** Remember to join ZIPLIST to create your own online recipe box and then click SAVE on my recipe below to add it! I use my online recipe box ALL the time! **Print
- 2 cups of flour
- 1 tbs baking powder
- 1/2 cup of butter
- 1/2 tsp of salt
- 1 cup of cheese
- 2/3 milk
- 5 slices of bacon cooked and sliced
- Pre-heat your waffle iron.
- Combine all the dry ingredients well, take a whisk to them or sift. Then cut in the butter until the mixture is coarse crumbs.
- Once the butter is cut in, pour the milk in, add the cheese and combine.
- You have a few options now when it comes to shape. You can roll out the dough until it’s about 1/4 of an inch thick then cut out circles that fit in your waffle iron or squares if wanted.
- Place the dough shape in the waffle iron and close. If you have a setting for color or crispness of the waffle, choose the middle setting.
- Cook in the waffle iron until nicely browned on the outside. The biscuits will puff up slightly and cook.
- Serving Size: 16