The very first monkey bread that I ever made was a from scratch recipe using a sweet dough. Even though it takes more time, there is nothing better than monkey bread that is made from scratch. Try my Homemade Monkey Bread Recipe if you are looking for a great recipe that you will make time and time again. It has an easy, fool-proof sweet dough recipe and I have step by step directions showing you how to make homemade monkey bread in a bundt pan that will thrill your family!
- 2-3 12 ounce packages refrigerated biscuit dough
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup melted salted butter
- 1/2 cup raisins
Preheat your oven to 350 °F. Grease a 10 inch Bundt pan with butter. IF you are using a smaller bundt pan, use only TWO tubes of dough!
- Mix the brown sugar and cinnamon in a large plastic bag.
- Pop open the biscuit dough and separate into the biscuits.
- Cut the biscuits into quarters.
- Place 6 to 8 biscuit pieces into the butter mixture then into the sugar cinnamon mix and shake until they are covered.. Arrange the biscuit pieces in the bottom of the prepared pan.
- Continue placing them into the bunt pan, staggering the pieces in layers until all biscuits are coated and placed in pan.
- Sprinkle the raisins among the biscuit pieces as you place them in.
- Bake in the oven for 35-40 minutes until fully browned and cooked inside. The bread should be a good 200F inside to be baked completely. IF the top browns too much, place tinfoil on top.
- Let the monkey bread cool in pan for 10 minutes, then turn out onto a plate to serve.
- Pull apart and enjoy!