This pumpkin gingerbread is THE sweet quick bread we are eating all this fall. Spicy, packed full of molasses flavor, and so darn easy to make because you bake two loaves at a time, this has become a favorite quick breakfast for all four of us.
Table of Contents
Easy Pumpkin Gingerbread
This gingerbread is one of my new favorites, along with my top favorite banana gingerbread. Gingerbread really lends itself to easily adapting to so many additions that I figured it was time to try pumpkin.
This recipe is less sweet than my banana gingerbread, which Mr. Magpie likes a lot better as he has less of a sweet tooth. I, on the other hand, love that it’s not as sweet as it makes for a better breakfast on the go.
It was the perfect opportunity to try out my newly thrifted Nordicware Pumpkin Loaf Pan! I was so excited to find it for $6.49, but wasn’t sure how it would bake up with all those nooks and crannies in it.
I sprayed the pan with baking spray and it came out AMAZING! I am now on the hunt to thrift some more of these Nordicware baking pans, the loaf ones specifically, as this one made such a beautiful gingerbread loaf!
The Perfect Two Loaf Recipe
This made two loaves perfectly, and the batter was divided between the two loaf pans evenly. If you are using two different pans like I did, take note that any darker pans like the Nordicware will bake up faster than ceramic pans like my vintage Pyrex or lighter metal baking pans.
More Sweet Quick Bread Recipes
It’s baking season, so give some of these reader favorites a try!
- Pineapple Bread – tropical flavor and packed full of nuts, this is a
- Cranberry Nut Bread – fresh cranberry season only lasts a few months, bake this while you can!
- Orange Loaf Cake – this is a top reader favorite on my website for quick bread!
- Carrot Bread – like carrot cake but baked in a sliceable loaf!
Enjoy and happy baking!
PIN THIS RECIPE to your BAKING RECIPES Board and Remember to FOLLOW ME ON PINTEREST!
- Prep Time
- 20 minutes
- Cook Time
- 1 hour
- 2 loaves
- Karlynn Johnston
- 3/4 cup butter softened
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 cups pumpkin puree
- 1 cup fancy molasses see notes
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 1/2 teaspoons ginger
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Pre-heat your oven to 350°F
- Grease two loaf pans and set aside.
- Beat the butter and sugar together until light and fluffy.
- Beat in the eggs until combined.
- Mix in the pumpkin and molasses until completely combined.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the dry ingredients.
- Mix the dry ingredients into the wet mixture until completely mixed in.
- Divide the batter between the loaf pans and bake for 50-60 minutes, until a cake tester inserted comes out clean.
- Remove and cool for 10-15 minutes, then remove from the pans onto a wire rack and cool completely.
- Store wrapped up and enjoy!
- Fancy molasses is the best to use as there isn’t much sugar in this recipe ( it’s not banana bread with extra fruit sugars)
- Calories are PER LOAF
All calories and info are based on a third party calculator and are only an estimate. Actual nutritional info will vary with brands used, your measuring methods, portion sizes and more.