Sometimes, I like playing with cake mix. It doesn’t happen that often as I am a big believer in from scratch cooking, but when it does it’s usually a retro recipe. I’m not sure where lemon crinkle cake mix cookies come into play for the whole “retro” bit, but they encapsulate two things that I love : cake mix cookies and lemon.
Big lover of the lemon over here, for sure. And cake mix cookies are just FUN to make.
LEMON CRINKLE CAKE MIX COOKIES!
Tag and share with a fellow lemon lover!!
Recipe here: https://www.thekitchenmagpie.com/lemon-crinkle-cake-mix-cookies/
Posted by The Kitchen Magpie on Saturday, April 1, 2017
These are most likely a recipe from a boxed cake mix company, Betty Crocker or the like and quite possibly a vintage one. When I came across it I knew right away that I wanted to bake them up and start feeling like spring was here. Lemon is one of those bright flavours that we associate with Easter and spring and coming out of our winter hibernation.
These lemon crinkle cookies are light, lemony and oh-so chewy. The whole family absolutely loved them – even Mr Magpie, who’s not usually a lemon lover.
I also discovered that lemon crinkle cookies taste even better the next day after being in a sealed container. Ooooh yes. They are perfection when you leave then for a day!
Happy baking babes!
Easy and delicious, these lemon crinkle cake mix cookies are going to be a new favourite of yours!
- 1 (18.25 ounce) package lemon cake mix
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup vegetable oi
- 1 tbsp lemon zest
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar for rolling and decorating
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Pour cake mix into a large bowl. Mix in the eggs, oil,lemon zest and lemon juice until well blended. Drop by large teaspoonfuls into a bowl of confectioners’ sugar. Roll the cookies around until they’re lightly covered.
- Place on a parchment lined cookie sheet.
- Bake for 6 to 9 minutes in the preheated oven. You want the bottoms to be light brown.
- Store in a sealed container.