Sometimes, I like playing with cake mix. It doesn’t happen that often as I am a big believer in from scratch cooking, but when it does it’s usually a retro recipe. I’m not sure where lemon crinkle cake mix cookies come into play for the whole “retro” bit, but they encapsulate two things that I love : cake mix cookies and lemon.
Big lover of the lemon over here, for sure. And cake mix cookies are just FUN to make.
How To Make Cake Mix Cookies
- Preheat oven to 375 °F.
- Pour cake mix into a large bowl. Mix in the eggs, oil,lemon zest and lemon juice until combined.
- Drop by large teaspoonfuls into a bowl of confectioners’ sugar. Roll the cookies around until they’re lightly covered.
- Place on a parchment lined cookie sheet.
- Bake for 6 to 9 minutes in the preheated oven. You want the bottoms to be light brown.
- Store in a sealed container.
These are most likely a recipe from a boxed cake mix company, Betty Crocker or the like and quite possibly a vintage one. When I came across it I knew right away that I wanted to bake them up and start feeling like spring was here. Lemon is one of those bright flavours that we associate with Easter and spring and coming out of our winter hibernation.
Cake Mix Cookies Tips and Tricks
- This recipe is specifically for lemon with the addition of the zest and juice, but the basic recipe without those two ingredients works for most flavours of cake mixes
- You don’t want to over bake these! You will see that you can barely see any brown on my cookies, cake mix cookies aren’t good when browned too much
More Cake Mix Cookie Recipes For You To Try:
- Chewy Double Chocolate Chip Cake Mix Cookies
- Apple Caramel Cake Mix Cookies
- Rainbow Bit Cake Mix Cookies
- Cherry Cake Mix Cookies
- Lemon Crinkle Cake Mix Cookies
These lemon crinkle cookies are light, lemony and oh-so chewy. The whole family absolutely loved them – even Mr Magpie, who’s not usually a lemon lover. I also discovered that lemon crinkle cookies taste even better the next day after being in a sealed container. Ooooh yes. They are perfection when you leave then for a day!
Happy baking babes!
PIN THIS RECIPE to your COOKIE RECIPES Boards and Remember to FOLLOW ME ON PINTEREST!
Thanks to ads on this website, readers of The Kitchen Magpie are now sponsoring 2 families a month through the Edmonton Food Bank. Learn how you can help here.
Subscribe to The Kitchen Magpie on YouTube
One click and you'll get notified of new videos added to our YouTube account!
Lemon Crinkle Cake Mix Cookies
- Prep Time
- 5 minutes
- Cook Time
- 9 minutes
- Total Time
- 14 minutes
- Karlynn Johnston
- one 18.25 ounces package lemon cake mix
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup vegetable oi
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar for rolling and decorating
Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
Pour cake mix into a large bowl. Mix in the eggs, oil,lemon zest and lemon juice until well blended. Drop by large teaspoonfuls into a bowl of confectioners' sugar. Roll the cookies around until they're lightly covered.
Place on a parchment lined cookie sheet.
Bake for 6 to 9 minutes in the preheated oven. You want the bottoms to be light brown.
All calories and info are based on a third party calculator and are only an estimate. Actual nutritional info will vary with brands used, your measuring methods, portion sizes and more.