Are you looking for something super chocolatey? These Chewy Double Chocolate Chip Cake Mix Cookies are IT! Fast, easy and sure to kick that chocolate craving to the proverbial curb!
How to Make Cake Mix Cookies
I don't make many things with cake mixes, but when I do, it's usually chocolate chip cake mix cookies and it's usually because I have cake mixed in my pantry that are going to expire. I love buying cake mixes and thinking that I am going to get around to making all sorts of lovely recipes with them – and then reality sets in. No you're not, Karlynn, because you buy those cake mixes spur of the moment and then they get lost in your pantry until you do a pantry purge. Then you panic. Sounds about right! The type of chocolate chips vary from cookie to cookie, all depending on what I have in the pantry at the time.
Preheat your oven to 350 °F. Get out a 9×13 pan but do not grease.
Combine the first four ingredients in a large bowl. Beat with a hand mixer or stand mixer until smooth and creamy. Stir in the chocolate chips.
Pat the dough into the 9×13 cake pan in an even layer.
Bake in the oven for 19-22 minutes or until the edges are baked and the middle has JUST set and cooked. You want these fudgy and delicious!
Remove and cool for 10 minutes, then slice into cookie bars. Store in an airtight container for 2-3 days at room temp.
Chocolate Chip Cake Mix Cookies Tips & Tricks
- You can use any type of chocolate chip that you want in these cookies and I mean it. Semi-sweet, white chocolate, cherry, whatever you have lying around the pantry, throw them in!
- Try to use the Devil's food cake mix as it is the richest chocolate cake mix out there. It really punches home that chocolate oooomph!
- I would totally use walnuts in this recipe except I am the only one in my household that likes walnuts in my cookies. Actually, I lied, my 14 year old son will eat anything ( because he's 14, duh) so he would hoover them up in no time. I need a second job to feed that kid.
- Don't over bake the cookies. These are so good because they are chewy from slight under baking. Remember, you only have to get the cookies to 165 °F in order to kill any bacteria from the eggs/flour and you are safe to eat them!
So if you are looking for something quick and dirty to make that's a cookie, then cheat and use a cake mix. What could be better than a good Chewy Double Chocolate Chip Cake Mix Cookie? A Chewy Double Chocolate Chip Cake Mix Cookies with a tall glass of milk, that's what could be better! Want some other cake mix recipes? Try my Red Velvet Cake Batter Pancakes or my Apple Caramel Cake Mix Cookies! They are both fabulous!
Happy baking babes!
Pin This to Your Desserts & Cookies Boards and Remember to FOLLOW ME ON PINTEREST!
Thanks to ads on this website, readers of The Kitchen Magpie are now sponsoring 2 families a month through the Edmonton Food Bank. Learn how you can help here.
Subscribe to The Kitchen Magpie on YouTube
One click and you'll get notified of new videos added to our YouTube account!
Chewy Double Chocolate Chip Cake Mix Cookies
- Prep Time
- 5 minutes
- Cook Time
- 19 minutes
- Total Time
- 24 minutes
- 24 bars
- Karlynn Johnston
- 1 box Devil's Food Cake Mix ( 2 layer cake size)
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips
- Preheat your oven to 350 °F. Get out a 9x13 pan but do not grease.
- Combine the first four ingredients in a large bowl. Beat with a hand mixer or stand mixer until smooth and creamy. Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Pat the dough into the 9x13 cake pan in an even layer.
- Bake in the oven for 19-22 minutes or until the edges are baked and the middle has JUST set and cooked. You want these fudgy and delicious!
- Remove and cool for 10 minutes, then slice into cookie bars. Store in an airtight container for 2-3 days at room temp.
All calories and info are based on a third party calculator and are only an estimate. Actual nutritional info will vary with brands used, your measuring methods, portion sizes and more.