These cake mix cookies are a perfect example of why I keep a large selection of brownie mixes, cake mixes and assorted goodies in my pantry. While I almost always bake from scratch, there come times when I don’t have the energy nor the time to do so.
Like the time I made these. It was around nine at night on the weekend, we were jonesing for something sweet and I honestly had no motivation. Believe it or not, we don’t keep sweet treats in the house, when I bake the goodies are given away, taken to the trailer for everyone else to eat or basically gone from my house in any way, shape or form that I can get rid of them.
So when we get jonesing for sweets, I have to make them. This cake mix was something I had looked at and thought huh, someday I will do something with this. I threw it in the shopping cart and it sat on my shelf for a few weeks.
Until we were craving late night sweets.
These were easy, delicious and baked up like gorgeous little devils. Pretty good for a cake mix cookie and they might just be one of my favorites yet.
When you build them up, like shown below, and place the caramel sauce in a thumbprint indent…..
….you get awesome cookies that look like Voortmans!
Isn’t that hilarious?!
Do YOU remember Voortman’s? Sure, they are still around but to me those cookies are from my childhood. Mike absolutely loves them, they are his favorite store-bought cookie. It just so happens that these are basically an apple caramel Voortman cookie, so Mike fell in love with these as well.
More Cake Mix Cookie Recipes For You To Try:
- Chewy Double Chocolate Chip Cake Mix Cookies
- Rainbow Bit Cake Mix Cookies
- Cherry Cake Mix Cookies
- Lemon Crinkle Cake Mix Cookies
So if you are looking for a fast, late night cookie recipe, this is it!
Happy Baking everyone! Thanks for stopping in!
Apple Caramel Cake Mix Cookies
- Prep Time
- 10 minutes
- Cook Time
- 12 minutes
- Total Time
- 22 minutes
- Karlynn Johnston
- one box Duncan Hines Apple Caramel Cake Mix
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup butter softened
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine the ingredients together in a medium mixing bowl until completely mixed together.
- Place on a parchment lined cookie sheet approximately 2 inches apart using a small cookie scoop. Press your thumb into the top creating an indent.
- Prepare the caramel packet and fill each thumbprint in the cookie. You can add in a bit more so that it's over the top a bit, it doesn't have to be level.
- Cool in the refrigerator (or outside if you live in Alberta) for 10 minutes.
- Cook for 12-15 minutes, until the edges are cooked and the middle is set.
- Remove from the oven and cool on baking sheets completely.
The nutritional values are not correct as the third party calculator doesn't have the cake mix
All calories and info are based on a third party calculator and are only an estimate. Actual nutritional info will vary with brands used, your measuring methods, portion sizes and more.