I swear you all need to keep a box of cake mix in your cupboard for emergency cookie baking. This past weekend I was out two nights in a row – very late both nights, I might add- and I had a games date planned at my friends house Sunday afternoon where the kids would play with her son and I was going to geek right out with her and her husband and play my newest addiction, 7 Wonders.
For starters I woke up late, had no energy, the house was a disaster, Mike left for the airport at 4:30 that morning and I was on my own.
Then by the time I argued with my kids about cleaning the kitchen and starting their laundry so that they had clean clothes for school the next week, it was nearing noon and I was:
a) still in my pajamas
b) still arguing with my son about him loading the dishwasher
c) realizing that I had nothing to take to my friends house for snacks.
I quickly went to my pantry and spotted my Rainbow Bit cake mix, a favorite in our house. For those of you in the States I do believe it’s called Rainbow Chip, or Funfetti works as well.
Now it might be because this is my favorite cake mix but these are definitely so far my favorite cake mix cookies! You can literally make these in 20 minutes because it takes so little time to whip up the mixture.
Some days you just need a good cheater cookie recipe in case of emergency and cake batter cookies do the trick! It is STILL better than stopping by the grocery store (which hey, we all do it) because they are a delicious and unique cookie that you still made!
Happy baking everyone! I hope you like them!
Love you more than chocolate,
- 1 box Rainbow Bit cake mix
- 1/2 cup butter softened
- 2 eggs beaten
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine the ingredients together in a medium mixing bowl until completely mixed together.
- Place on a parchment lined cookie sheet approximately 2 inches apart using a small cookie scoop.
- Cool in the refrigerator (or outside if you live in Alberta) for 10 minutes.
- Cook for 12-15 minutes, until the edges are cooked and the middle is set.
- Remove from the oven and cool on baking sheets completely.
- Serving Size: 24