The Green Screwdriver Cocktail Drink is a spin on the classic screwdriver cocktail by adding green color to the drink (thanks to the addition of Blue Curacao). It’s a pretty cocktail that is well suited to lounging on the deck or around the pool on a nice hot day.
What is a Green Screwdriver Cocktail Drink?
This cocktail is a spin on the classic screwdriver cocktail which is a simple mix of vodka and orange juice. With this particular version, I’ve added two additional components; lemon-lime soda (or club soda if preferred) and Blue Curacao. The addition of Blue Curacao with the orange juice is what gives this cocktail its beautiful green hue and adds additional orange flavor to the drink.
How to Make a Green Screwdriver Tips and Tricks
Here are a few tips and tricks to help you make the best looking (and tasting) cocktail you can out of this recipe:
- Use orange juice that has little to no pulp. Too much pulp is a distraction from the drink and can be annoying when drinking through a straw. Of course, this is just a suggestion and if you are a fan of pulp, feel free to use it if desired.
- You can also use a Hurricane style glass for this drink as it allows you more room to add orange juice and the soda than a traditional tumbler would allow.
- Garnish with an orange slice and cherry or similar to give the drink a good presentation. You can also use cocktail umbrellas if available.
- If you decide you want the drink a bit sweeter, try adding 1/2 oz of simple syrup (adjust to taste)
How to Make a Classic Screwdriver Drink
Making a classic screwdriver cocktail is even easier than making the awesome green one (although the color isn’t as fun). All you need for a screwdriver cocktail is:
- 2 ounces of vodka
- 5 ounces pulp-free orange juice
- Ice, if wanted
Fill a highball glass with ice cubes. Pour in the orange juice and the vodka, stir to mix. Drink and enjoy!
Screwdriver Cocktail Video
Other great Vodka Recipes to try:
- The Blue Lagoon Cocktail Drink
- The Vodka Melon Ball Cocktail
- Sex on the Beach Cocktail
- Greyhound Cocktail Recipe
- How to Make a Sea Breeze Cocktail
- Raspberry Cordial Vodka Martini
Hope you like it! Safe drinking!
Pin This Recipe To Your Cocktails Board and Remember to FOLLOW ME ON PINTEREST!
Thanks to ads on this website, readers of The Kitchen Magpie are now sponsoring 2 families a month through the Edmonton Food Bank. Learn how you can help here.
Learn to cook like the Kitchen Magpie
Flapper Pie and a Blue Prairie Sky
A Modern Baker’s Guide to Old-Fashioned Desserts
The Prairie Table
Suppers, Potlucks & Socials: Crowd-Pleasing Recipes to Bring People Together
Subscribe to The Kitchen Magpie on YouTube
One click and you'll get notified of new videos added to our YouTube account!Subscribe on YouTube
The Green Screwdriver Cocktail Drink
- Prep Time
- 5 minutes
- Total Time
- 5 minutes
- Karlynn Johnston
- 1 ounce Vodka
- 1 ounce Blue Curacao
- 4 ounces Orange Juice
- 2 ounces lemon lime soda or club soda
- Combine everything but soda in a shaker with ice.
- Shake until cold.
- Pour over ice
- Add soda to taste.
All calories and info are based on a third party calculator and are only an estimate. Actual nutritional info will vary with brands used, your measuring methods, portion sizes and more.
Made this recipe?
Share a photo of what you made on Instagram or Facebook and tag me @thekitchenmagpie or hashtag it #thekitchenmagpie.
Please rate this recipe in the comments below to help out your fellow cooks!
Leave a Comment or Recipe Tip