This Strawberry Daiquiri uses fresh strawberries and frozen strawberries instead of the usual crushed ice cubes. Who the heck wants ice when you can use frozen strawberries instead? This is the perfect cocktail to welcome spring and the first strawberries of the garden season….and to drink all summer long while sitting in the sun!
What is a Strawberry Daiquiri drink?
The strawberry daiquiri comes from the family of cocktails whose main ingredients are rum, a citrus juice such as lime or lemon and a sweetener – usually sugar. There are many kinds of daiquiris but for today it’s all about the strawberries that are coming into season soon!
What alcohol do you use in a strawberry daiquiri?
You use rum! White rum, to be exact. This isn’t the type of drink that you want to use an amber or a spiced rum in, white rum is the best for flavour. It’s also a fairly light drink, even with two ounces of white rum you still have a TON of strawberry liquid in there! It’s almost healthy 😉
How to Make a Strawberry Daiquiri Tips and Tricks
- I highly suggest taking the time to freeze strawberries instead of using ice. I tried using ice and it was such a disappointing drink that it went down the sink! Yes, I know, Karlynn poured rum down the sink, she’s terrible. She wanted a flavour bursting drink and using the frozen strawberries does it!
- You can adjust the amount of sugar depending on how sweet your strawberries are. The closer we get to strawberry season, the better and sweeter they will be!
- You can also use simple syrup in this instead of white sugar, the choice is up to you.
- Adjust the lime to your liking. I prefer it more tangy, Karlynn likes it sweeter, of course, with her sweet tooth.
Other Tried & True Rum Cocktail Drink Recipes:
- Key Lime Mojito recipe
- Blue Hawaiian Cocktail Drink
- Cranberry Zombie
- Mojitos with Honey
- The Boating Punch Cocktail
Happy and safe drinking! This is a great one to try out right away as strawberry season is almost here! Cheers to spring and summer finally coming our way!
Pin This to Your Cocktails Board and Remember to Follow Me On Pinterest!
Thanks to ads on this website, readers of The Kitchen Magpie are now sponsoring 2 families a month through the Edmonton Food Bank. Learn how you can help here.
Subscribe to The Kitchen Magpie on YouTube
One click and you'll get notified of new videos added to our YouTube account!
This Strawberry Daiquiri uses fresh strawberries and frozen strawberries instead of the usual crushed ice cubes. This is the perfect cocktail to welcome spring and the first strawberries of the garden season!
- Prep Time
- 5 minutes
- Total Time
- 5 minutes
- Karlynn Johnston
- 4-5 medium frozen strawberries
- 4 medium fresh strawberries
- 1-2 tablespoons white sugar
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 2 ounces white rum
Add everything to a blender and blend.
Pour into hurricane style glass.
Garnish with lime and strawberry.
You can toss in some ice cubes as well if you want to make a larger drink or water down the strawberry flavor, simply take out 2 of the frozen strawberries and replace with ice cubes.
For a Mocktail: Remove the Rum from the recipe.
All calories and info are based on a third party calculator and are only an estimate. Actual nutritional info will vary with brands used, your measuring methods, portion sizes and more.